Did my good deed for the day

BlueHaya

I'm outta here!!!!
Donating Member
Registered
I was in front yard edging, when my wife comes running out from the back saying the pit bull is in my neighbors yard killing one of his dogs.

My mind races...pistol or aluminum bat....grabbed bat. run to back yard ...wife says "no dont go over there". I say "Call 911" and jump the fence. Run over to where this pit bull has this 15 year old Golden Retreiver locked down to the ground by the neck and is chewing. I swing the bat over my head with both arms and knock the shid out of the pit bulls head...he released stumbled off dazed then regained his wits in about 5 seconds and ran to the corner of the fence. He stood there with a wtf look on his face then tried to get out of the yard.

By now my neighbor comes out asking whats going on. I say " That pit is in your yard attacking Nugget". He comes out and by this time the dog jumps back through a bad gate and halls azz back into his own yard...which is next door.

Cops where there in less than 3 minutes. Not the first time these dogs been out. Some may recall some other posts of mine about these dogs getting out at 0300 wakeing up my kids.

...anyway...thats my good dead for the day...saving the world one dog at a time.
cool.gif

beerchug.gif
Shoulda shot it but then there would've been the possibilty of the owners trying to sue ya.

Good job Rod, hopefully the neighbor was grateful. Is the Golden ok? Good thing you didn't bring the gun, discharging a firearm to save a dog from another dog in someone else's property would have been very subjective. What did the cops do?

Good job Rod, hopefully the neighbor was grateful.  Is the Golden ok?  Good thing you didn't bring the gun, discharging a firearm to save a dog from another dog in someone else's property would have been very subjective.  What did the cops do?
Nugget will be ok...if it was me I would have taken him to the vet and given the bill to the neighbor.  Neighbor was very grateful...there an older couple...prolly late 70's

yea...that is kind of what steered me to the bat...Hewitt PD prolly would have wet themselves if they would have to go to a "shots fired" situation.

Cops did nothing.  The second one who showed up dropped his phone when he got out of the car....classic.

edit...one did thank me when they were leaving.

WOW! You would think they would at least have animal control out there. I wonder if it is up to dates on shots? Good for you!
bowdown.gif

Maybe consider sparing the dog, and instead beating the piss out of the owners for not knowing how to raise a dog/keep a dog in their own yard. Then maybe the dog can be helped. Animals are worth helping.... To hell with their idiot owners. Do the owners a favor. Drop your bat, and bring your gun instead. I hate idiots.
firedevil.gif

if i had a gun i would have shot it. i had one come after me 10+ years ago and i kicked it in the head with my steel toed shoes many times and killed one. the cop shot the other about 20 min latter.

Glad you stepped in to help out a neighbor! Not much of that happening anymore. But, as an owner of two ABPT, I am just curious if you know for certain that the aggressive dog was actually an APBT? There are a lot of mixed breed dogs that look similar...but APBT seem to catch the blame for almost every attack that happens.

Regardless, cudos to you for stepping in to help an animal in need
thumb_up.gif

American Staffordshire Terrier. Good dogs when trained/raised by good people. Very dangerous in the hands of someone that doesn't know how to handle them. The good news is that most dogs can be re-educated in a short omount of time. The owners are another issue.

Back