MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT

Busasweety

Registered
Well brothers and sisters of the org....
We have delayed this announcement for as long as I hoped we could. Typing it know even makes we want to hold off and keep thinking its possible, and at the same time very upset.
Georgia and I are extremely....EXTREMELY, upset at the thought of missing the Bash. We are so wanting to meet all the faces to the names, even reconnect to members we already know......not to mention the dragon was our honeymoon last year, and Georgia and I were going to stay a little longer.......

If anyone has followed some old posts, we have been , like everyone else, planning this awhile...bought and drove 30+hrs for our trailor.....hrs and hrs on net looking for gear.....list goes on. everyone here knows the drill.

We have experienced slow work this Feb/March, 3 wks off, then work a week, then 5 wks off work a week, then again 2 wks off...so on....Finacially we keep are selfs above the water...
What has become the problem is, we have contracts for work, but the projects get bumped and moved around scheduling wise, like everything else, resulting in holes in our schedule (sit around time) but what this also does is... we sit here now for 4wks home when we were supposed to be at the jobs, and it seems now everything has been pushed to the end of April !!
The biggest thing is the Sunoco gas stations outside Pittsburg area...they have been moved on our schedule twice.....NOW the "ray of hope" is.. "IF".. they move dates one more time....we could MAYBE??? squeeeeeeze in on the weekend.

This is in my opinion a 90% shot in the dark...(Georgia says good things happen in the dark)
whistling.gif
......We feel badly also for a friend that we invited (new rider cbr1000) and had plans to bring him along and meet "our Busa family".
We still at this time are keeping a 2rm Cottage at Fontana Village because even cancelling now results in a cancellation fee. And this feels like it keeps our hopes up alittle....

I will now thank everyone for thier responses and words of encouragement....still hard to let this go....VERY HARD to let this go......time will tell and we will see.....

Thank you .....Ben & Georgia

sad.gif
That stinks. There is still a glimmer of hope atleast. I really hope it works out for you two.
please.gif

Ben/Georgia, do you want me to call Sunoco and get the dates moved again?
pissed.gif
This sucks. I know you hate missing as much I do, so I will
please.gif
that you guys will be there. Be safe and keep us posted.

i hope everything works out so you can make it...i know how bad this makes you feel as i ended up having circumstances knock me out of being able to go to the Fall Bash last year at the very last minute...there is no way to put how i felt without making this thread unsuitable for children...hopefully, you will be able to at least make it in for at least a couple days
beerchug.gif

Wow, hope to see you at Fontana. Thanks for helping me with my reservations

That blows! I sure hope all works out and y'all can make. keeping my fingers crossed!!!

how about you contact sunoco and let them know that the end of april has already been booked and u can start work the very first day of May... that kinda rhymes and sounded gay but whatever... i know its a big contract and all, but if they can screw up your schedule for weeks if not months, then perhaps you can re-schedule on them for one week later.

That really is a downer, sorry to hear that guys. I'll keep my fingers crossed and all of that good stuff too.

have a
beerchug.gif
on me

Hopefully things will work out so that you can be there.

Sorry to hear that. If it makes you feel anybetter, I wont be going either.... I know it sucks, but maybe the fall bash i can make it to.

Man dude that sucks....I am going to keep my fingers crossed though, in hopes you will make it. If you don't then I will be catching up with you two soon so we can go ride and tear up MD. Anything I can do let me know I'm only 2 counties away! (Harford)
beerchug.gif

Wow what a bummer!!! I hope things workout and I get to meet you both!!! Thanks for the help!

We will keep our fingers crossed for ya, hope the little glimmer of light gets bright and you guys can make it.

If Sonoco want you to do the work, they will have some flexibility with your schedule. Call them an explain that you have a scheduling conflict that cannot be changed. As if you can do the work before the conflicting week, or immediately after. As a contractor you may have some influence with the customer.

Best wishes.

beerchug.gif

I know exactly how you feel. I have to miss the bash to this year, hoping on the fall bash for me..

Thanks to all who hope and send thier wishes.
bowdown.gif

We are awaiting updated schedule on week of the 14th....and I wish we were working with Sunoco directly, They have called us and actually "wanted us" on a station in NOV. but we were out of town...

We work through a Contractor that has worked with Sunoco a long time...
The problem with asking for a delay is, when we bid the 2 contracts, Sunoco and our contracter was hesitant to give us both because they need to be done back to back....we assured them this would happen...

TRUST ME........Georgia is ALL OVER this one..
guns.gif
..we have had multiple discussions about.."they" have delayed the schedule...("they" is a different contractor constructing the building...not sunoco)

Thanks to all.......

Back