Question for Military personel

darth frosty

Registered
First of all, I would like to commend you all for the service you provide.  

I was just reading kyle263611 post about coming home.
https://www.hayabusa.org/forums/?act=ST;f=12;t=92635
I started to wonder what his job was.  I've never served, but have several friend's who did.  My best friend was a boiler tech on the tripoli.  My brother was a MP in the Air Force.  

I would love to hear from the miltitary personell on the board as to what there job is.

Great idea, I also have family in the armed forces.

Thanyou for everything you guys and gals do !!!!!

bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

I Pack and repair Survival items for Aircrew Members, Liferafts, Lifevests, Drysuits, Etc.

I am the Operations Officer for a 1,000 Marine strong Aircraft Intermediate Maintenance Activity -

Or the CO's lackey, which ever you prefer.

I am part of the Navy's Intelligence Exploitation Teams. I am a one stop shop for all source collection from any electronic device to interrogation. I deploy to various Navy platforms and collect on site usually during routine boarding operations but we are on call to all that want us. Basically I am pimped out as much as possible.

Thanks for the responses.  I think all to often, most civilians have a tendancy to look at military personell as just soldier's on the line, when there is much,
beerchug.gif
 much more
bowdown.gif
to the job and mission they accomplish.

I'm a Sonar Technician for submarines. Currently filling a secretary billet on a Weapons Compound in CT. Was stationed in GA on the USS Wyoming. Ballistic Nuclear Submarine. I get to listento wales hump and other "cool" sh*t.

interior communications tech, currently based on shore in norfolk, va working on shore based arresting gear and 2 fresnel len's... thats' the thing that help the pilot's maintain a proper glide slope to catch the 3 wire on carriers as well as catch the shore based wire... boring job.. mostly sitting around watching the cnn and reading the .org... did 5yrs on the USS enterprise... that was fun.. .

United States Air Force C130E Crew Chief. Current position is Production Supervisor. Make'n sure the planes get in the air
thumb_up.gif

Exec for the Post Commanding General which means I get to send tasks out to people and schedule his time. I'm everyone's best friend that wants access to him.
laugh.gif

interior communications tech, currently based on shore in norfolk, va working on shore based arresting gear and 2 fresnel len's... thats' the thing that help the pilot's maintain a proper glide slope to catch the 3 wire on carriers as well as catch the shore based wire... boring job.. mostly sitting around watching the cnn and reading the .org... did 5yrs on the USS enterprise... that was fun.. .
What order Fresnel lenses are those? Are they the same as what they use in Light houses?

Onece again the enlisted man taking care of the officers (cough cough sorry Shawn)
laugh.gif
. FRB Manger, pretty much anything to do with an OFF/WO's career for progression has to come to my knubby fingers

First of all, I would like to commend you all for the service you provide.  

I was just reading kyle263611 post about coming home.
https://www.hayabusa.org/forums/?act=ST;f=12;t=92635
I started to wonder what his job was.  I've never served, but have several friend's who did.  My best friend was a boiler tech on the tripoli.  My brother was a MP in the Air Force.  

I would love to hear from the miltitary personell on the board as to what there job is.
We don't have MPs in the Air Force...they are Security Forces.

I'm a recruiter...
shutup.gif

Back