umemployed

BUSAFETT

Registered
Last Monday, after almost 10 years of service, my job told me they were eliminating my position. I got a package so I'm covered for now, but man is it a creepy feeling. I just want to get back on the horse and keep going, especially now with a child.

I've been sending my resume out and I'm hearing nothing but static. I hope something comes through in the not so far distant future.

I guess I'll just have to do more riding to take my mind off of things
biggrin.gif

BF

Scary feeling I bet with new child on the way... take it for what it is, an opportunity!! take some time with family, take some time finding better job etc... Your attitude will likely dictate how fast you go back to work so hang in there!!

What kind of work do you do?

man sorry to hear that my brother just got laid off and my job is sketchy at best thats good advice to Mr. Bogus
thumb_up.gif

Scary feeling I bet with new child on the way... take it for what it is, an opportunity!!  take some time with family, take some time finding better job etc...  Your attitude will likely dictate how fast you go back to work so hang in there!!

What kind of work do you do?
I've been in technology for a financial institution in DE since 1999. The last 4 years I have been a project manager for the most part. Also been a team manager for consultants, website support, the list goes on..

Part of me is bummed about it, but at the same time 10 yrs of political crap adds up- time to find a new place!

BF

Look into SAIC, GENERAL DYNAMICS, RAYTHEON, NORTHROP GRUMMAN, ITT SYSTEMS, L3 SYSTEMS, TITAN, DCGS-A, DOD, Go to a Pentagon Job fair.. You'll have a job quick.

I had a friend that put in to take some time off when his daughter was born last year. They said hey take as much time as you want in fact don't even worry about comming back. Talk about a kick in the nads when you don't need it. Well he had a time finding a job. The one he did find he likes ten times better than the one he left.

Don't worry the light at the end of the tunnel is not a train it is oppertunity.

Look into SAIC, GENERAL DYNAMICS, RAYTHEON, NORTHROP GRUMMAN, ITT SYSTEMS, L3 SYSTEMS, TITAN, DCGS-A, DOD, Go to a Pentagon Job fair.. You'll have a job quick.
Thanks Projekt- Those would be some great folks to work for actually. And my last employer was in DE while I live in MD, so I was getting kicked in the sac every year on witholding tax.

So, if something in MD popped up that would be great. I thought I might like to get into WL Gore, b/c they have about 5 locations less than 10 miles from my house- only prob is, all the jobs I see are for neonuclearmolecularfusafississists. And sadly, I didn't take any of those classes in college
biggrin.gif

I am so sorry to hear that...I hope things pan out soon and you find yourself in an even better job/place very soon!

smile.gif

You might want to try www.cpol.army.mil/....with your experience you shouldn't have a problem getting on down at APG or Edgewood Arsenal for the Gov or a sub contractor....may not be as much money...but job stability will not be an issue
I have always found these jobs interesting, however I have no military background.  Is that still acceptable?

BF
Yea...just navigate through the website...it takes a little getting used to but you will get the hang of it...the jobs state as to if they are open to civilians or if you have to have prior military training..one hitch..if you get in you gotta grease a couple wheels for me...with no degree I got zippy chance of gettin in..but workin for the Gov or on base...with the Bennies and time off...seriously...gravy baby...

It's all a numbers game. The more opportunities you apply for the better chance you'll have of landign something. It's actually a good moment right now. I've been getting alot of offers and I'm not even really looking.

Back