Well got my new cable service

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
220 channels, plus HD programming and music $58 a month, hope the service is good...

beerchug.gif

I looked into this but alas not available at my shack. They have a pretty trick DVR too. Probably going with Dish Networks new Vip722 receiver/HD here pretty quick though.
thumb_up.gif

I just got rid of "the dish" what I did not like is it quitting when you need it most (bad weather) plus they took it upon themselves to tack on $14 a month in new services that I did not order (well sir you had to tell us NOT TO add them...
bs.gif
)

plus they wanted more money for HD programing (already spending $56 a month with them)

rock.gif
Fios TV? I have never heard or seen anything about it. Do you have a number I can call to see if it's in my area? They do have DVR right? I CANNOT LIVE W/O MY DVR...

I wish Verizon was in KC; we need the competition! Ma Bell, now AT&T, serves greater KC. However, where I live it's served by Embarq. Time-Warner is one of the Cable providers - at least I can get 15Mbps RoadRunner! (Not as fast as the 30Mbps FiOS, but I guess it will suffice for now...)

I wish Verizon was in KC; we need the competition! Ma Bell, now AT&T, serves greater KC. However, where I live it's served by Embarq. Time-Warner is one of the Cable providers - at least I can get 15Mbps RoadRunner! (Not as fast as the 30Mbps FiOS, but I guess it will suffice for now...)
I backed my service down from 50/5 to 5/2 (down/up) with little appreciable difference.. There are a few instances where there appears to be some difference but as a rule, I rarely see over 2.0 on the downleg anyway so figured why pay for it..

You might have a different experience but most of the servers I have used appear throttled to about 1.5mps or so.. I can not even access my own servers at much above that (and they are on 100mps pipes) because of the routing goes through throttled networks..

Back