Proof I am still tough, despite the Vacuum

Revlis

Re-Recycled, Busa-Less...
Donating Member
Registered
OK Was a little warmer this morning, got a few photos

Snake_02_copy.jpg

doesn't seem to be too worried about what your doing...

is it just a common black snake or what?

IT's a Black Racer.  At least I hope it is....  I mean one of the smaller ones bit the sh*t outta me awhile back...No ill effects, and by their behavior and coloration, our best guess is that it's a black racer.  Pretty Common, pretty cool.

They do a real good job of patroling the front of the house and the garage.  They are pretty rough on the House Lizards, and toads out front but "be quick or be dead"...  Oh the lizards and frogs?  They are like grasshoppers down here, they are so common, they live in all the bushes, hedges, trees, etc.  They eat bugs as well, so I leave them alone.

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1077386353 -->

thats not a pet then???

wtf is it doing in your garage??

I was like oh he let his pet snake out to slither around..... guess not!!!
wow.gif

thats not a pet then???

wtf is it doing in your garage??

I was like oh he let his pet snake out to slither around..... guess not!!!
wow.gif
Nope welcome to Florida Bro, There is a small gap in the garage door and this trio of snakes has taken up residence. See I like em there because they eat all sorts of bugs, mice, rats, whatever... So I have to worry less about all the bugs.

The house backs to a protected wetlands, so thats where all the critters come from.

We've got, Ducks on the back porch, Racoons that knock when they want an apple, tree frogs on the windows, lizards everywhere, Ghecko's, toads, Armidillos, Dear (Sometimes), a bobcat or two, and of course all sorts of birds.... It's a Zoo out there!!!

So the snakes aren't pets but they are welcome in my garage...

Oh Hell. Last year i had this guy climb through a garage window, and he has not left yet. Keeps the Coyotes and bears out of my garage. I have not seen a stray cat or dog for a year either.

trolls.gif

We have snakes here also Tiber rattlers.  Snakes do keep the mice and stuff away.  in the fall you see the snakes making for the caves.

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1077408073 -->

Rev,

Great pics. Beautiful snake, good coloring. He must have shed recently. If you got nailed by one of those I'd be leary about catching any other snake. The quick and the dead aplies to you also. I don't want my excuse to go to FL to be for a funeral.

I have two cats living under my shed right now. What I wouldn't give for a nice big snake. All though it has been a little cold for reptiles.

Later,

Steve

WAIT a second here.......you haven't redeemed yerself yet Rev......just cuz you can take pretty pictures doesn't make ya tuff........Get some more pictures of yerself ripping that snake apart and eating it........then you'll be redeemed.
muscle.gif
poke.gif

You sure that's not a Water Mocasin (sp?) since you're next to the wetlands....

I'd be real carefull Rev.

Back