Overwhelmed

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
How many of you feel overwhelmed from day to day? Lets just take something simple like the board. How many of you see members on here and think to yourself, I need to PM that guy and talk to him but never get around to it.

Every day I get PM's and I sometimes just can't respond to them all. I feel bad when I don't respond quickly!

Are there more of you out there that have that same problem?

CAp

no I'm pretty boring..i dont get very many pm's. work is pretty boring (nothing to write a book about). I guess my life is the opposite of yours. sometimes i wish i had a busier life. but i guess that has its negatives too. sounds like you have a lot on the fire.

Man Doug, hope you are doing ok. How is everyone? You can always vent or talk to someone here on the board. I know I am not your closest friend, but I am here.

absolutely, there are never enough hours in a day to get everything done that seems to need doing...it was only when i realized this was never going to change no matter how hard i pushed myself or stressed out about it that i was able to start taking control of my life again...our society (Americans) seems to demand that we run, run, run until we can conquer it all...hey, i make mistakes, frequently fail, and sometimes don't live up to others' (my family) expectations...however, i do the best i can to be there for my friends, make sure i don't promise anything i can't deliver, and say "i'm sorry" when i screw up...that's all i can do
beerchug.gif

All the time, Doug. I have a social circle which is wider than I feel capable of managing. This board is included in that.

I don't know how other people do it when they have even more people around them all the time. Blows my mind.

Hire someone if you can . . . .

--Wag--

from time to time. I end up in the garage with my baby or on the road. that seems to bring it all back for me. Maybe that's why I ride so much lol try burning up some road when you feel that way.

Work wise, yes. That's why I'm responding to work emails Saturday night and Sunday morning! Arrggg! Never enough hours in the day for IT.

computer.gif

I for one, have no idea what you are talking about...
smile.gif

Work always does it to me, but coming here is relaxing. And that's only because of the great job that you and all the Mods do for us.  
thumb_up.gif

Don't worry about the pm's, since everyone knows you're busy.

Work.

Six to eight years ago (same job) it was no problem, go home every day relaxed and never think about it until next day. Now, when I'm off work I'm constantly thinking about work and frustrations with work, can't turn it off.

All the time. I am constantly checking my work e-mails from home on the weekends just so I dont have 60 of them waiting for me first thing on Monday mornings.

I think thats why I ride so much, its a get away, think only of the pleasures around me at the moment. Hope it gets better Doug.
smile.gif

You are not alone there brother!!! That is why I ride to help lower my stress level, it is almost as good as having sex at times, which does the same tihng for me!!!! Lowers the stress and tension of trying to get everything done!

Being a full-time student and working to pay the bills and support the busa leads to way too much stress and feeling over-whelmed.

You never really get used to the feeling.

I just can't wait for it to be over and I can just go to work and enjoy life!!

Back