so I am on my way to the store

ditchdr

Registered
I was running low on Kodiak, so i straddle up the bike and head ot the gas station. I dont know why, dont know if there was some cosmic force, but something told me to take my camera, but I threw it in my pocket and took off.. Upon ariving at the store I noticed that the FD had 2 engines in the parking lot, no biggie cause they were most likely eating dinner at AppleBees. I get my dip and leave when i see 6 firefighters running for their trucks.. I sit still and let them leave and notice they are heading in the direction of my neighborhood.

I think little of it and head on home, I then notice a slight hint of smoke in the air, and its gettign worse. me being a former furefighter/paramedic, I go looking. Well the following pics will show you what I saw.

002-2.jpg

this is the rear of the house from 2 blocks away.

004-2.jpg

Walking up the street

009-1.jpg

Thats my buddy Jason finishing packing out to get closer.

008-1.jpg

It kep flaiming out here

006-3.jpg

putting water on the neighbors house to keep it cool

005-2.jpg

entire attic and 2nd floor fully involved, on the right side you can see the flames that we over 60 ft at one time.

007-2.jpg

never good when they break out the long stick on a res fire

The homes in this part of my neighborhhod are usualy 3000+sf, I left and it was still burning pretty good.

House fires are bad. I used to have to cut power to burning homes when the fire department called us.

These houses are on the river. the end of the street is a boat landing. I live in a town home 3 streets up from where the fire was. once you get past my street the houses start, and all are pretty big.

Back