Myth Busters and Hot peppers

ks-waterbug

Group Buy Guy
Donating Member
Registered
Watched an episode the other day that talked about how to stop the burn from eating Hot Peppers or Hot Sauce. You can't believe some of the things people suggested to cure the burn. Some examples submitted and tested
1. Milk
2. water (room temp or cold can't be sure)
3. Vodka
4. Wasabi sauce
5. Beer
6. Petroleum Jelly (Yep, they put a spoonful in there mouths)
SO what do you use to cure the burn?
This is an old trick I learned from a bartender almost twenty-years ago and it works!

Take ANY water based drink (I prefer tap water) your going to do this approx three or so times.

Rinse and spit three times, but here's the catch you MUST make the drink a little bit warmer each time you rinse and spit! The final time should be slightly cooler than a cup of hot chocolate..... There you have it THE ONLY cure I know that works! Now, the sad part is the first rinse even at room tempature may appear to be unbearably hot. But, I promise after spitting out the slimey substance from your mouth (gets that way I guess from the pepper oils)that by the third time no more burn!

Pepper lover here...

I find that a slice of cheese, swiss preferably, works pretty well. I'll try the three swishes of water, but that sounds like too much work LOL.

beerchug.gif
I will try it next time
bowdown.gif

I got a great laugh out of that segment... The look on Grants face was "priceless"

A piece of bread has always worked for me...

heh, you've had something too hot
laugh.gif

I find that home grown stuff is sometimes too hot, often things are too hot for the sake of being hot, though I dont seek out things I know to require a teflon anus. Most any commercial place I've eaten has not been "too hot".
cool.gif

i remember that epicode. ill have to try your water trick. milk was the closest thing i could find. but i think vodka came in 2nd.
rock.gif

Surprising just what you hear works.... Can't see anyone shoving a spoonfull of petroleum jelly in their mouth! Errr if they are I can only imagine where that film is heading.

MMMMMMMMM, I love it "HOT"  
firedevil.gif

Hot wings, hot sauce, hot peppers............It hurts later
flush.gif
but is oh so good going down.  
beerchug.gif

For me, I just eat a bowl of ice dream after the hot stuff. It won't help your mouth, but the next mornin', some say they can hear me muttering.... Come on ice cream....

laugh.gif
whistling.gif

Back