FINALLY got my bike back

SAMBUSA

TATTOO'D WHITE TRASH
Donating Member
Registered
Some of you will probably remember the contest on Extremebusa.com from XXX Chrome Plating for a complete makeover that I won. I was freakin stoked about it. I took my bike to Wisconsin(I'm in Ohio) in October. When I was there I told them what color I wanted and also the extra parts that I wanted chromed that weren't included in the contest. I was told that my bike would be finished in 6-8 weeks. I said no problem, "as long as I get it back before riding season". They told me that they would not need more than 8 weeks and that I should be ready to pick it up at that point.

A month goes by and I start thinking that I want to get some additional pieces chromed, so I emailed XXX as well as called them. No answer and no response to the email. Okay, guess I didn't want to add to it. Then the 8 week mark comes and goes, still nothing from them. After numerous calls and emails go unanswered, I started to get a little concerned. So I called up BigDiesel and asked him to go check on things. No problem, he says.(Middle of February) After talking w/ BigD, he got in touch w/ BigGeorge and told him what was going on. So George started making attepts at getting in touch with XXX. Not sure how much time elapsed but XXX finally responded to George's email, but it was basicly a blow off response. In the email though, XXX told George and I that all that needed done was the color added and that I had yet to tell them what color I wanted
bs.gif
I told them when I dropped it off.

On Presidents day, Big D took a trip to XXX. When he got there, he was given the runaround by one of the employees. So I started calling XXX again. When I finally got in touch w/ them I was told all kinds of excuses on why it wasn't done just like the last time. And like the last time they told me that all that was needed was the color added but I hadn't told them what color yet
bs.gif
again. While I was on the phone w/ them, I asked about the additional parts that I requestd chromed. The person I was talking to had no idea that I wanted anything chromed. In fact, she was told by her husband(shop owner) that I said I didn't want anything else chromed
bs.gif

By the end of the conversation, she gaurunteed me that it would be complete and ready for pickup on March 17th. On March 14th I called, and guess what, it wasn't gonna be ready. But it would be ready by friday the 21st. Okay fine.

On friday the 21st me and WHIPKRAKR started our trip to WI. I was about 10 minutes north of Chicago when the phone rang.
wtf.gif
It was XXX. They told me that they needed another 3 hours because he wanted to add some black to it. Okay, we're in a snow storm so it'll prolly take that long for us to get there anyway. When I got there, about 2 hours later, I was told that they needed another 7 hours before we could get the bike. And that was without putting the bike back together. He suggested that we should get a hotel and come back in the morning. Cant do that, we've got baby lambs that have to be taken care of.

So, I called up BigD again. He let me drop my trailer at his house and agreed to go get it when it was completed. Went back home(18 hour drive round trip) Every day it was a runaround about not being finished yet. He finally got it today. Still not totally put back together but at this point I didnt care nor did he.

I've left out a bunch but it's already a long enough post as it is. So if you're looking for chrome DO NOT use XXX. Check their ebay feedback or the BBB in WI. They have a bad name w/ both because of the same thing I went thru. Was it free? Other than gas and time, yep it was free. But far from worth it. They had my ride for 6 months and only communicated w/ me after BigGeorge confronted them. They are pathetic. You DO NOT run a business that way.

So, BigGeorge THANK YOU for your help. Scott, my brother, I owe you big time. I cant thank you enough for helping me out.

Sorry for the long post but everyone should know not to use XXX for anything.

bs.gif

bs.gif

Glad you got your bike back, hate the hell you went through. How much is still apart?

Glad you got your bike back, hate the hell you went through. How much is still apart?
He couldn't get the undertail to fit. It's the same undertail that ALOT of people have. It was donated by Thunder Composites.

That reminds me, another THANK YOU to Glenn at Thunder Composites for the free undertail, tire hugger and windscreen

I've heard about their bad customer service and quality of service. It's a shame and I'm guessing they will lose their sponsorship. Sorry you had to go through that, but glad you will have it back shortly.

Man thats not cool on their part but atleast you got it back my cousin did something like that in the early 90's with his iroc and ended up finding it in another state only cause of some of the people he knew he got it back let see some pics of the work they did they atleast do a nice chrome job
lurk.gif

dude that BURNS me up. They should have somekind of punishment for that crap. You should be able to sue companies for stuff like that. How else can you feel justice was done.
guns.gif
LIERS

Yup, but I'm not posting pix.  They wanted publicity, they've got it.  Dont think you can pay for this type of publicity though
Well then tell us did the do a good chrome job or not are you happy with it now that it is Chrome?  Everybody already has the story on there piss poor Customer service through your story so why not post pic's?
It's still at BigDeisels house so I haven't seen it in person yet. Looks good in the pix that BigD sent though

Well Like I said to you before. The most important thing is you got your bike back and I hope that everything with the bike is just like it was when you dropped it off. I think that what XXX does, looks wise, is just AWESOME.. But, there is no way in hell they would even get my valve stem to do with the customer service they have. Just a crying shame if you ask me.....  
cursin.gif

Ohhh and again if you need any help getting it home let me know. Hell I can run up there and get it in my truck if your weekends are booked...

Glad you got it back, I dont understand how shops stay in business doing this. When i had my shop and gave away free services I would make damn sure it was the highest priorty bike in the shop. If nothign else it is great advertising. Now look this XXX place has gotten a bad rep cause of it.

Not ot hijack your thread here, but I am starting a part time polishing business of my own, cant do chrome here cause of laws, but will be doing polishing, and powder coating.

One picture and that's it. DO NOT have any intention of this being advertisement for them. So here's a pic of mine and Scott's

SamsBusapics_014.jpg

My thing is that if a shop estimates that it'll take 3 months to do my bike, then don't tell me 6weeks and keep delaying it. How XXX even has an open shop is beyond me.

My thing is that if a shop estimates that it'll take 3 months to do my bike, then don't tell me 6weeks and keep delaying it.  How XXX even has an open shop is beyond me.
Exactly. They told me 8 weeks and it took 6 months w/ piss poor communication. And then had me drive 18 hours round trip just to come home empty handed

Back