Wish me luck

GSXTacy

Mr. January
Donating Member
Registered
Some of you know that I am in Springfield Ill, for a Range instructors course for the Dept. of Corrections. Only 6 officers out of 26 institutions in the state are here. I have survived so far but the big test comes in the morning. I have to shoot 95% on our course with 3 weapons clean to become an instructor and range master. The normal qualification in 70% There is usually a little over 50% failure rate for the qualification. I tried to go to sleep about 2 hours ago. Needless to say, it aint working. Ill try it again.

please.gif

please.gif

please.gif

please.gif

please.gif

PS - just imagine that the target is a Raiders logo... you'll hit it every time!
biggrin.gif

just keep'er steaqdy and u will do fine!!! good luck chris!! see ya in a month!

breath in... breath out...breath in...breath out...squeeze. You know how it's done, go make us all proud man!!!! Good Luck....

Best of luck to you. Just imagine that every target is some scumbag that's trying to get you first. I bet you'll hit everyone of those buggers that way. It worked for me in the Army.
beerchug.gif

From one of his old movies the Duke would advise, 'windage and elevation maam' but these days, sight alignment and trigger squeeze is the key. No caffeine, as you probably know and meditate a little. Concentrate on calming influences for the 'test' but you're either ready or not by now as you should know. It should be easier than a combat course (and less fun) but just do it. Do you quick draw and point shoot very often? I find its a great way to hit the target even in the dark. Ever walk around with a flashlight and point it where you want to see in the dark? You'll hit it almost everytime, spot on. At least I do. Pretty much the same with a handgun. Good luck!

All right. I'm off to shoot em up, then dinner with the Semis. Thanks for all of the encourangement. Omar, I cant to the raider thing, I only have one round for each target, and Ive got 250 of them to send downrange!  
guns.gif

Back