Having A Boy

Jaddie

Registered
Dear Friends

This afternoon two ultrasound technicians confirmed for my wife and me that we're having a baby boy. They both said they were certain. Both Becky and I are stunned. We don't know what we're going to do with a little boy. We both had our hearts set on having a girl.

We'll adjust. We aren't that shallow. It's just that I don't have a single masculine interest aside from bikes. I don't hunt or fish because I wish all animals full and satisfying lives. I hate any sport involving a ball, as I'm about as coordinated as a monkey trying to screw a football.

The ultrasound techs said the baby looked very healthy and active. We're thankful for that!

My late father would have been proud. He was very concerned about carrying on the family name.

I hope I can come to terms with being a father to a son after this initial shock wears off.

I felt a little guilty about buying the 'Busa with my wife's expecting our first child, but now I don't. Bikes are my only masculine interest. I'm already looking forward to surprising Max with his first little scoot.

My wife and I have been married for seventeen years. She wanted children and I didn't. It took a lot of convincing for me to give in. We tried naturally for about a year and then went to in vitro fertilization. We were successful with our first round of IVF. Today Becky is eighteen weeks pregnant. Her due date is August 27.

Has anyone here had a similar experience?

--Jaddie

congrats. Boys are easier than girls....
thumb_up.gif

Well congrats are in order on the little one. And with IVF, the only worse than one little boy could have been 2.
pissed.gif

I sorta know how you feel, I prayed for a little girl and got lucky. I've just never seen myself as the father/son type. I don't share my toys very well. LOL

Congrats man!!! That is great. As far as interests go, have you thought about go-karts, mini-bikes, letting him help dad clean and work on the Busa, BMX bicycles, you know, stuff like that. Actually you WILL find things to do with him as he starts walking and stuff. There is a parental instinct that will kick in once you actually get to hold him. Just don't worry about it and let it happen naturally.
Just enjoy your gift from God!!
And once again, congratulations on the baby!!
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Congrats!!
beerchug.gif

You'll figure out stuff to do! Imagine all the fun you'll be able to have teaching him about motorcycles!
biggrin.gif

Aww dont get caught up in the traditional stereotypes....

Motorcycles and women are all masculine endeavors
laugh.gif
the big question is this going to affect your bash plans?

Oh yea, congrats!
smile.gif
good talking to you the other night btw...

Congrats Jaddie, I have 3 boys and 1 girl. The girl is driving and that alone will make an old man of me. You will get it, just do NOT TRY TOO HARD. Be yourself, it will come naturally. There are plenty of fathers on here to help you out too!
beerchug.gif

Dear Friends

Thank you very much for the instant support! You guys are just scary-fast!

I do plan to just let it come to me. It probably will.

--Jaddie

Dear Friends

I wanted to write about how I rode my new '08 'Busa in Drive Mode A today for the first time, but that'll have to wait until tomorrow.

I'm feeling just a little overwhelmed and believe I'll go ahead and go to bed.

Randy, this doesn't change our Bash plans. The little fellow will be accompanying us one day.

Y'all take care, and, once again, thank you for your support.

--Jaddie

Hey bro. August 27th was my sons due date too.
beerchug.gif

Who cares what interests you have. He will find his own interests and all you have to do is support them. I already know your a good photographer. You can teach him all about photography and motorcycles. Nothing wrong with that. You sound ALOT like one of my GREAT friends from my church. he is a great father!

Congratulations and I can't wait to see those newborn pictures. especially since they'll be taken by a pro.
cool.gif

Congrats Jaddie you will love being a father its great and things will come to mind once hes here goodluck my friend
beerchug.gif

Congrates, I know the feeling, my wife had a lil girl before we meet but I have been in my lil girls life since she was 2 months old and when we found out we were having a boy I was happy as hell because she and I have girl on both sides of the family. They out way the boys 5 to 1.
thumb_up.gif

Congratulations!

My wife and I wanted a girl as our first child too. When he came out a boy there was a nanosecond of dissapointment then Wahoo! It's a boy!

Back