Anyone ever take xanax?

ditchdr

Registered
Dr put me on xanac to help control my anixety. just took my firt pill maybe 5 min ago, anyone else take this stuff? What kind of things should I expect while on it?

xanax will cause drowsiness. Depends on the mligram you have generally the half miligram is a small orange pill ..The 1 miligram pill is usually shaped like a little blue football. They will have more effect on you untill your body gets use to them DO NOT RIDE EVER while on them ...

nah not at all. Itwill relax you. The .5 is a low dosage. Wont effect you too much will just make you want to sleep .
smile.gif

Been fighting anixety for a while now. finaly asked for help. Some days are bad, but most are good. Some days I cant find it in me to go to certain places.

I think it is starting to work, feeling a little more relaxed. Oh no wait thats cause my wife left to go to the store lol

didnt work for my wife. no side effects either though. she only took about 20 pills. stopped cause it didnt do anything. everyone is dif. though
thumb_up.gif
good luck bro. hope it works for you

Dear Matt

Xanax isn't too bad a pill to take. I've taken it's cousin, Klonopin, before. Both Xanax and Klonopin are highly addictive.

I now take Seroquel. The best thing about Seroquel is that it's not addictive. It really helps with my anxiety, helps me sleep very well, and puts the kibosh on racing thoughts.

When my wife and I were trying to conceive, I developed an anxiety disorder. Now eighteen weeks into her pregnancy, I'm beginning to get over the anxiety. I believe the 'Busa addiction may be helping with that. Instead of thinking of how many things I cannot control in my future children's lives, I'm thinking of the best way to put a shine on that new 'Busa, and I fantasize about how I may one day be able to make her wheelie.

I wish you well as you combat anxiety.

--Jaddie

my tolerance for xanax is zero.... it kicks me sideways for some reason... morphine based meds do nothing to me...

but then again I took one of those sleep aids and shaved my own head in my sleep
rofl.gif

Dear Matt

Xanax isn't too bad a pill to take. I've taken it's cousin, Klonopin, before. Both Xanax and Klonopin are highly addictive.

I now take Seroquel. The best thing about Seroquel is that it's not addictive. It really helps with my anxiety, helps me sleep very well, and puts the kibosh on racing thoughts.

When my wife and I were trying to conceive, I developed an anxiety disorder. Now eighteen weeks into her pregnancy, I'm beginning to get over the anxiety. I believe the 'Busa addiction may be helping with that. Instead of thinking of how many things I cannot control in my future children's lives, I'm thinking of the best way to put a shine on that new 'Busa, and I fantasize about how I may one day be able to make her wheelie.

I wish you well as you combat anxiety.

--Jaddie
seroquel is hardcore my wife was on that it gave her some bad Zanxiety attacks while on it.

Ok been 30 min and i feel pretty relaxed. One of my biggest fears is taking a medicine and being alergic ot it. being alergic to peanuts and having them almost kill me on more then one ocasion makes me a little aprenhensive(sp) about taking any kind of meds.. Anyhow alls good, and I feel a little more relaxed. Thanks for the replys folks.

I take xanax 1 mil. before bed. I use to wake up having panic attacks, but I haven't had one since i started taking them . I've been on them for about 9 months they are a huge help.

seroquel is hardcore my wife was on that it gave her some bad Zanxiety attacks while on it.
Dear Espedito

Really? Wow! That's the first time I've ever heard of Seroquel causing anxiety. Seroquel is a relatively new drug, so I reckon the jury is still out on it. It helps me a lot, though. I take 100-150 mg per day (two to three 50mg pills).

I'm sorry your wife had an adverse reaction to it.

--Jaddie

I take them.

I get a .5 prescrption and when I get the bottle I cut them all in half.

When I start feeling overwhelmed, or if I know I am going to be in large crowds I take a half one (.25) if it gets real bad then I will take the full one (.5)

I normally take a .25 about once a week.

You need to watch it and make sure you dont take them too often, they can become addicting. if you find yourself taking them real often, like once a day or more you might need to get on a daily med.

I had a friend who was on daily meds in the morning, then a different med at night and had a prescription for xanex on top of it when things got real bad

ineeded one of those last night.

back in my younger days i took them as a rec drug, very addicting. when you take enough you want remember a thing you said or done the next day. just take them as the doc prescribed they will help you.

ineeded one of those last night.

back in my younger days i took them as a rec drug, very addicting. when you take enough you want remember a thing you said or done the next day.  just take them as the doc prescribed they will help you.
Yep Xanex can be a very bad drug if abused watched a person very close to me go spiraling down hill because she abused that drug it was sad to she watch her go down that road and leave people to pick up all her messes.

Back