30 days and counting down!

GSX1300R-T

Members For Members
Donating Member
Registered
Hey Guys and Gals!! We have less than a month before the Bash. I'm sure I'm not the only "newbie" going to the Bash. I go to Deals to ride the Dragon at least once every year,.......but this will be a new experience for me. Surrounded by literally hundreds of Busa owners and bikes. (Sounds a little like Heaven on Earth if you ask me!!)

For all the newbies out there that will ride in and attend,......be sure to get new rubber on your bike NOW!!!! I've shredded a new set of rubber within 1200 miles on these trips,.......so be prepared. I learned my lesson after having a dealer mount a tire in Alcoa. 2 hours of time,......a new rear tire only,.......and 300 bucks later,...........I was able to finish my weekend trip. (Could have bought front and rear tires at home for $250 total!!) Live and learn.

Anyway,......not to get too chatty,......... just a reminder for all to check and double check your bikes before you make the journey. A little time now could save a lot of cash later!!

I hope to meet many people from the Org and hopefully a few people that purchased my Buell peg packages. Really looking forward to this trip!! Everyone take care, be safe, and I'll see you at the Bash!!!! Giddy-UP!!
deadhorse.gif

Joe(GSX1300R-T)

Joe,
My first trip as well and I look forward to meeting you as well as all the other members that have made this a new home for me. Ok I have to confess, I still havent gotten the Buell pegs on that you sold me,
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
pretty much cause I'm illiterate when it comes to the new bike,
pillepalle.gif
I don't want to break anything
face7.gif
namely my azz...maybe someone will educate me when I'm there, again I look forward to meetin ya I'll have afrosty ready for you my friend..BTW I only have 64 miles on her and don't see me racking up another 1000 before the bash(business trips etc) I SHOULD be ok with the stocks right? Even thought they are POS? I was thinking finish them off down there and get new ones when I return...but of course if the big bros say change 'em I will...anybody?
smile.gif

postwhore.gif

rofl.gif

what's up joe. It seems I haven't stopped adding stuff lol I think I'm ready, but either way we'll have a great time.

30 days? Still?
banghead.gif
We are having a shake down ride this weekend, cant wait. We are bash newbies too, see you there!
ohthedrama.gif

Joe,
My first trip as well and I look forward to meeting you as well as all the other members that have made this a new home for me. Ok I have to confess, I still havent gotten the Buell pegs on that you sold me,
rofl.gif

rofl.gif
pillepalle.gif
face7.gif
namely my azz...maybe someone will educate me when I'm there, again I look forward to meetin ya I'll have afrosty ready for you my friend..BTW I only have 64 miles on her and don't see me racking up another 1000 before the bash(business trips etc) I SHOULD be ok with the stocks right? Even thought they are POS? I was thinking finish them off down there and get new ones when I return...but of course if the big bros say change 'em I will...anybody?
smile.gif
IF you do not get those pegs installed before the Bash,........bring'em to the Bash. I will personally install them and make your adjustments for you while we are there. Takes only a few minutes,.............and it will make your long ride home very comfortable! Talk soon!!!

Joe(GSX1300R-T)

rofl.gif

The Bash is in Robbinsville, NC... Some of the most beautiful scenery, roads and company!
biggrin.gif

Click Here for more info...

Dear Friends

This is my first Busa Bash, too!

I hope I can survive the rides. I've done a couple of 150-mile rides and they both nearly killed me. My back and bottom throbbed for a day after I got off of the bike.

--Jaddie

Well with so far 115 confirmed, I doubt you will be the only newbie

I did not see your name on the lists either...  (look to the MNG Thread for BusaBash 08)

https://www.hayabusa.org/forums/?act=SF;f=80
We were double booked,........now staying somewhere nearby. Rock has taken care of our arrangements. Worse case,......I'll crash at a bud's house in Alcoa. Either way,....it's all good!!

Joe(GSX1300R-T)

newb. right here
beerchug.gif
i just hope for plenty of gas stops. i get terrible mileage. but thats the way i got it tuned though. and my new 1397 is probably gonna be worse. i think im only gonna get 20 mpg.

fuel up in the AM and at least 1 fuel stop on most of the rides (most are just stretching legs)

Guys, it would not hurt anyone here to get a bit of "shape" going pre-bash.... I would suggest you start taking evening walks at the very least... Fall bash was easy, I already had at least five 600 mile trips in the 2 months prior.. I can empathize with Jaddie however, those first weeks of riding can add up to a sore body (shoulders and back for me)

I started walking 2 weeks ago every night and am feeling better already..
beerchug.gif
(and my leathers shrank over the winter, so I figured I better too
whistling.gif
)

fuel up in the AM and at least 1 fuel stop on most of the rides (most are just stretching legs)

Guys, it would not hurt anyone here to get a bit of "shape" going pre-bash....  I would suggest you start taking evening walks at the very least...  Fall bash was easy, I already had at least five 600 mile trips in the 2 months prior..   I can empathize with Jaddie however,  those first weeks of riding can add up to a sore body (shoulders and back for me)

I started walking 2 weeks ago every night and am feeling better already..
beerchug.gif
 (and my leathers shrank over the winter, so I figured I better too
whistling.gif
)
very good point Randy!!! it wont be nuthin for some of us to log close to 1000 miles while down in robbinsville!!! if your body isnt ready for that kind of abuse then i would suggest conditioning your body a bit for loooooong few days of riding!!! ab strengthening is a must as proper riding technique has you supporting most of ur upper body with your abs to keep the pressure off your hands and wrists. dont forgtet that stretching before and after rides will help with wear on your body as well!! i start my new workout regimen tomorrow so hopefully i will be down about 10 pounds and in a heck of alot better shape than i am now... hey i work outside and need all the insulation i can get... cut me some slack!!

see everyone in a month!!!!
cool.gif

oh yea, ur legs are gonna get tired real quick once you get on the dragon and start going back in forth in transitions... things as simple as wall sits and medicine ball squats will help get your legs up to par!! a good rider must be in good riding shape!! fatigue is a bad thing on a motorcycle so PLEASE prepare your body for the ride!!!!

start out hellbent for leather and arrive back at the hotel looking like a bunch of old ladies.... I can already see it
rofl.gif
"Wild Hogs" should be on the big screen....

zzwhip.gif
AM -->
Lycan @ Mar. 24 2008 said:
1346890[/ATTACH] AM]
Joe,
rofl.gif

rofl.gif
pillepalle.gif
face7.gif
smile.gif
IF you do not get those pegs installed before the Bash,........bring'em to the Bash. I will personally install them and make your adjustments for you while we are there. Takes only a few minutes,.............and it will make your long ride home very comfortable! Talk soon!!!

Joe(GSX1300R-T)
Thanks bro! I will let you know!

zzwhip.gif

rofl.gif

Back