vacation july12-23

pbghost

Registered
I was looking at our work schedule, and the only long week that's left for me to take off is July 12-23... so I signed up for it. any one up for a distance ride / MnG / whatever. budget is kinda tight, but plenty of time to save if I have a target. as long as I have enough $$ left to get back by the 23rd, anywhere's good w/me...if all else fails, I'll just go to Colorado to visit family and ride around there. since I can't make the bash, I'd like a chance to meet some other members / see different parts of the country.

I have told my wife I would like to go on a long ride sometime...not sure if I could get away for 11 days though. 1 week maybe.....if I am real good....and work does not kill.

I too am missing the bash and the Arkansas meet this year.

Colorado would be a nice ride.

I will think about it, keep the thought going.
beerchug.gif

the 12-23 is just the window... a week anywhere in between is fine with me. if you want to do a week Colorado ride, I once saw on a colorado tour site where they took 5 days to do a Colorado loop through the scenic byways. there's a few Colorado and north New Mexico members in here... maybe they could meet up with us if this happens

i'm off the evening of the 15th through the 21st...had some plans for that week but they look like they may be canceled...i'll know more as we get closer
beerchug.gif

what kind of trip are you wanting to make? are you looking at camping or do you want the creature comforts?

You'd be more than welcome to hang out with us here in the Albuquerque area. You could be passing through here anyway and you're more than welcome to use our guest bedroom for your sleepy self and our garage for your ride.

Let us know when you have a date set.

biggrin.gif

--Wag--

Anyone else wanting to meet up and ride to Colorado?

How about a Meet n Greet in Colorado mid July?

I was planning a solo SW Colorado trip myself during this time of year. I will be off 12-16 July and any other days around that time is vacation time that I can use. So I will keep an eye out for the route and trip days, guess I am a strong definite almost 100% in on your trip.

I found the other post Mid July Ride/ Meet n Greet?
rock.gif
? in the general topics, will post and follow that one.

any route planned
we should be in Durango this Sunday, the 13th. thinking about homebasing at my grandparents place there sun/mon nite to keep costs down.youre more than welcome, just let me know so I can tell my dad, he's cooking for us. we're taking the scenic route from Wags up through Taos then over to Durango, getting there mid / late Sunday noon. weather permitting, camp out Sunday (if weather sucks, they have a guesthouse, which we'll use to freshen up before Mondays ride. Monday doing the SanJuan skyway through Silverton, Ouray, Telluride (about 6 hrs ride time) stay @ the ranch again, Tuesday morning head to Gunnison (black canyon) Leadville, where ever, just play by ear. would like to ride the peak to peak highway in Estes Park. finally winding down to Colorado Springs and out the southeast corner (Trinidad / Raton pass) can't wait

any route planned
Yes, link: https://www.hayabusa.org/forums/?act=ST;f=6;t=92047;st=0

we should be in Durango this Sunday, the 13th. thinking about homebasing at my grandparents place there sun/mon nite to keep costs down.youre more than welcome, just let me know so I can tell my dad, he's cooking for us. we're taking the scenic route from Wags up through Taos then over to Durango, getting there mid / late Sunday noon. weather  permitting, camp out Sunday (if weather sucks, they have a guesthouse, which we'll use to freshen up before Mondays ride. Monday doing the SanJuan skyway through Silverton, Ouray, Telluride (about 6 hrs ride time) stay @ the ranch again, Tuesday morning head to Gunnison (black canyon) Leadville, where ever, just play by ear. would like to ride the peak to peak highway in Estes Park. finally winding down to Colorado Springs and out the southeast corner (Trinidad / Raton pass) can't wait

Back