Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Top 5 Femme Moto Finisher

As a citizen of the Mobile area of Alabama (where Northrop / EADS plan to assemble that and another aircraft) I am tickled to death that Northrop and EADS were awarded this piece of business!

My son works for ST Mobile Aerospace (Singapore Technologies) as an aircraft mechanic in Mobile and that company coming here and getting contracts with Fed Ex and Northwest Airlines has been huge for our ecomony but that will pale in comparison to what Northrop / EADS will bring.

A massive German company is also slated to open a steel mill in northern Mobile within a couple of years and that is bringing nearly 3000 jobs to our area too!

Sorry, no signature from me sir! As a born and bred Mobilian I am tickled shi*less about this and I am proud of our city's leadership for pulling it together. Boeing just needs to learn how to survive in a growing, competitive, global economy - little bitty Mobile AL has damned sure figured it out!

'Only the strong survive, but sometimes the strong get their a**es kicked'... Nick Saban

Quote Originally Posted by YH2K @ Mar. 06 2008, 12:01 PM
    As a citizen of the Mobile area of Alabama (where Northrop / EADS plan to assemble that and another aircraft) I am tickled to death that Northrop and EADS were awarded this piece of business!

My son works for ST Mobile Aerospace (Singapore Technologies) as an aircraft mechanic in Mobile and that company coming here and getting contracts with Fed Ex and Northwest Airlines has been huge for our ecomony but that will pale in comparison to what Northrop / EADS will bring.

A massive German company is also slated to open a steel mill in northern Mobile within a couple of years and that is bringing nearly 3000 jobs to our area too!

Sorry, no signature from me sir! As a born and bred Mobilian I am tickled shi*less about this and I am proud of our city's leadership for pulling it together. Boeing just needs to learn how to survive in a growing, competitive, global economy - little bitty Mobile AL has damned sure figured it out!
    So am I getting this right?

New company got the bid and is NOT building this outiside of the US? They are just building a new plant in a different state?

If that is true it changes things a little doesn't it?

Will ride for Oreos

If in the end, the French own/control any part/technology or design plan that we don't have access/control over we should delete congress.

If there is ever any possibility that the French or any other country doing work for us could hold information back if we were to have a conflict with them, then I

fully support paying our backwards assed unions a bit more to do the work here. I don't blame the union members for all of this stuff, they are just mindless sheep doing what they are told by their bosses, I blame the Union fatcats pulling the strings. Perhaps Unions should investigate teh political party that creates jobs, not the one with handouts.
    RIP Kevin 03/26/08

2006 Busa Blue & Silver - stock so far
    71 Nova 496 Cu In grocery getter

Top 5 Femme Moto Finisher

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh @ Mar. 06 2008, 3:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by YH2K @ Mar. 06 2008, 12:01 PM

So am I getting this right?

New company got the bid and is NOT building this outiside of the US? They are just building a new plant in a different state?

If that is true it changes things a little doesn't it?
    You are right.

Northrop, plans to build a massive complex at Brookley Field in Mobile AL within which this and another plane, I think its the Airbus 380, will be assembled.
    'Only the strong survive, but sometimes the strong get their a**es kicked'... Nick Saban

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2