HF wheel chocks

DocDrop

Hooch Master
Donating Member
Registered
Just bought some HF wheel chocks yesturday and im looking for some ideas to mount them in my trailer. I want to be able to remove them easly so i can move it around for different situations.

You can drill the end of a bolt and insert from the bottom of the trailer deck, install a nut and washer that will set below the floor of of the chock instead of using the enclosed spacer. Then install pin in hole you drilled in the bolt that will fit tight enough to hold the chock down.

I did the same thing when I built a rear stand for hauling my bike in my trailer.

Here you go, hope this helps.

post_6_76701_Stand_005.jpg

And yes, it has been painted and cleaned up since I took these pics.

post_6_76637_Stand_003.jpg

Also, what about getting the install kits for the baxley chocks. Then you would have a recessed threaded mounting point in the floor you could use a t-handle allen wrench to install and remove?

Here is a good shot of what I am talking about in Hal's trailer.

post_6_50580_CIMG3003__Small_.jpg

Here is a closer shot. I used 1/4" plate 2" wide. Drilled two mounting holes with countersink, and two 3/8" center holes that I treaded with a tap. Marked the floor and used my router to fit flush with the floor. Although these are pictures of the mounts for the stands, I used the same ones to mount my chocks. If you can do the fabrication it will save you $$$ as the ones you can get from Baxley are $30 for two mounts.

post_6_50642_CIMG3004__Small_.jpg

Here is a closer shot. I used 1/4" plate 2" wide. Drilled two mounting holes with countersink, and two 3/8" center holes that I treaded with a tap. Marked the floor and used my router to fit flush with the floor. Although these are pictures of the mounts for the stands, I used the same ones to mount my chocks. If you can do the fabrication it will save you $$$ as the ones you can get from Baxley are $30 for two mounts.
I like the way you did yours, its flush with the floor and i could mount a few of those around the trailer and i can put the chocks where ever i want. The two bolts that mount the plate to the floor do they all the way through, they dont look like it. If not is it real strong, worries about it pulling out.

I like the way you did yours, its flush with the floor and i could mount a few of those around the trailer and i can put the chocks where ever i want. The two bolts that mount the plate to the floor do they all the way through, they dont look like it. If not is it real strong, worries about it pulling out.

I did not see this question untill now, but for those of you interested the mounting screws for the chock anchors do go all the way through the floor. Very strong, and flush with the floor.

I did not see this question untill now, but for those of you interested the mounting screws for the chock anchors do go all the way through the floor. Very strong, and flush with the floor.

Thanks.... we got it... if you look in the Busa Hauler thread (posted by me) you can see what our finished product ended up looking like... works pretty well....

Back