GHOST's

Robot

Donating Member
Registered
Inspired by Big Red's UFO thread. I thought I would start this one. I have no personal UFO experience, but have had some paranormal ghostlike experiences. One was a "ghost" with a real sense of humor.

I use the term "GHOST" as a blanket term, it seems some types of hauntings(residual)may be based more in science than unhappy spirits.

The house I grew up in (and my dad lives in now) is/ was haunted. It is a 200+ yr old house. The basement was once used as the jail for the town. Supposedly many ppl died there. Then the wife of family that owned the house hung herself while she was pregnant because her husband made her move to a new house from ours. Story goes she loved our house so much she couldn't bear to live in a new house.. she got depressed and hung herself.

We used to hear alot of voices and doors closing upstairs while we were downstairs. When I was a toddler (4 or 5) I remember thinking there was a baby in my bed. My parents had never told me about the lady, but a few years later we brought a "ghost lady/ psychic/ whaterver" in the house and she said the lady had returned to where she was happiest and she was leaving the baby in my bed to be taken care of. She also said there were many souls there that could not "pass on" because of unfinished business.

I used to have crazy nightmares when I lived at home of ghosts holding me down and me not being able to scream. I have never had any since I moved out of the house. Creepy... and I still get the heeby jeebies going upstairs (where my old room is) by myself.

The house we're currently leaving behind is haunted.  When we first moved in, Leigh always pestered me about her hair ribbons, etc, coming up missing.  She didnt blame the cats because they were usually in a drawer.  Well, we started finding them in the basement along with various little pieces of childrens jewelery and an occasional marble, etc.  Also, the lights in the basement sometimes seemed to come on by themselves while we were away from home.  

Another time, we were both laying in bed reading, and noticed one of our cats watching something move around the room.  The problem?  We couldn't see it.  We knew it wasnt a little bug on a wall or something, because we had another cat who was just outside the room who was following the same thing around the room, and couldnt have seen the walls the first cat was seeing from where he sat.  

I did a little research and found out that in the 1920s, there was a fire in the house and 2 little girls died in the basement.  

The fact that they're here has never bothered us a bit, because they've never made us feel uncomfortable or anything.  They're somewhat playful it seems.  Plus, the cats seem to enjoy them, and if the cats arent afrid of them, i see no reason we should be.  

When we move, I'm going to kinda miss them.

I use the term "GHOST" as a blanket term,
ghostface.gif
rofl.gif
that could only be better if you had said sheet.

Old shop we used to rent had a Ghost.  Would see something move out of the corner of your eye, turn your head and nothing there. Even better, you'd be standing in front of your machine, changing parts or whatever, and something/someone would tug the back of your shirt, turn around and nobody would be there, not even close.  It was little spooky, my dad even brought his preacher in, didn't seem to work.

mzr,

its funny that youd mention that part about your dad bringing in a preacher. Every home I've ever lived in, every bike ive ever owned, and every car i've ever owned, I've had blessed.

I also believe in Guardian angels. One night I was driving home from my then-boyfriend's (now husband's) house. The road has deep embankments and huge pine trees on both sides. I know I was sound asleep at the wheel. Something woke me up and out of the corner of my eye I could swear I saw someone sitting in the passenger seat.

Then next day one of my co-workers (who is a preacher's wife) asked me what happened to me the night before at about midnight and I said I was driving back from Darrell's house. I never said anything about what I thought I saw or anything. She said I'm glad you are alright because I woke up at about midnight the night before with a crazy urge to pray for you. I believe she sent my guardian angel to me that night.

I believe my mom is also being visited by angels while she is battling lung cancer, she has seen her grandfather (and smelled him..he was a diesel mechanic and always smelled of diesel), and other relatives. They never try to take her, just comfort her and she wakes feeling better than she did before.

I also believe in Guardian angels. One night I was driving home from my then-boyfriend's (now husband's) house. The road has deep embankments and huge pine trees on both sides. I know I was sound asleep at the wheel. Something woke me up and out of the corner of my eye I could swear I saw someone sitting in the passenger seat.

Then next day one of my co-workers (who is a preacher's wife) asked me what happened to me the night before at about midnight and I said I was driving back from Darrell's house. I never said anything about what I thought I saw or anything. She said I'm glad you are alright because I woke up at about midnight the night before with a crazy urge to pray for you. I believe she sent my guardian angel to me that night.

I believe my mom is also being visited by angles while she is battling lung cancer, she has seen her grandfather (and smelled him..he was a diesel mechanic and always smelled of diesel), and other relatives. They never try to take her, just comfort her and she wakes feeling better than she did before.
Wow! great personal interaction story. My experience was not so profound, I think the "ghost" just wanted to harass me.

My sister lived in an apartment that was converted from a church. She said there was a lady dressed in a white wedding dress that would "float" out of the ceiling, down the hall and throughout the living room. Story was that a woman had died on her way to that church to get married.

Another one from my sister: My dad committed suicide when I was 9, several years later, my sister and my grandmother were flying to Denver. They had just sat down in their seats, and a man walked by that looked EXACTLY like my father. My sister said she looked at my grandma, to see if she saw him, my grandma's eyes were huge, neither one could believe the resemblance the guy had to my dad. When they got off the plane, they stayed at the gate to see him get off the plane. They never saw him come off.

I've lived in several places that had ghosts. One in Wichita Kansas. It was an old house that was split into 4 apartments. There were 2 front doors, left and right. I lived in the left. You go in the front door, my door was on the bottom level, my friends lived up the stairs. I would go out my door, up the stairs to their place, come back later, and my dead bold would be locked. The front door was always locked, so it wasn't someone coming in from the outside. Thankfully my door had a big jalousy window above it, so I had to climb up to the jalousy, crawl through it, lean in and unlock my door. Sometimes my books were removed from my book case and usually ended up on end tables, opened up and layed print side down. Like someone had been reading and just set the book down. I never saw anyone, but when I talked to the other downstairs neighbor about it, she said the ghost also read her books. Again, the story was, there was an accident where a woman was thrown from a horse and buggy and died in front of our house. I tried communicating with the ghost, but never got anything back. Usually I was begging her not to lock my door.
laugh.gif

Also we lived in a small house in Tampa. There was a tall dark figure that we could see out of the corner of our eye. He would walk from the bedroom into the bathroom or from the living room into the kitchen. We also tried to communicate with him, tell him it was ok to pass on, to leave this plain, but got nothing back. One time I came into the living room, and GJoker was talking to the door of the bathroom. I asked him what he was doing.. he said "I swear I just saw you walk into the bathroom.. " and the look on his face I could tell he was confused. We figured he must have seen the ghost and thought it was me. We got a dog about a year after we moved into that house, and never saw the ghost after that. Our neighbor said that there was an older man that had lived there but had died a short time before we moved in, and he had 2 dogs. We figured, we got a dog, and the ghost figured that his home was protected, so he left. :shrug: who knows. Also, my cat of 9 years, ran away from this house, about a month after we had moved there. He would never stay inside (although he was an inside cat), and finally one day I watched him walk across the street, look back at me, turn and keep walking. Never saw him again. I don't think he liked the "dog-lover ghost".

Oh, one more. Another house in Wichita. My best friend's lover had died.. but before he died he promised my friend he would come back and let us know he was OK. The guy that died had a bad habit of leaving the bathroom light on. So on several occasions, for a few months after his death, we would be watching TV, or eating dinner, and the bathroom light would just come on. For no reason at all. We'd go turn it off, and a little while later, it would come on again. It was just an up and down wall switch, nothing special, and we always had to flip it down after it had come on. At first we couldn't figure it out, but then when we figured it was him saying he was OK. We'd say "Hey Scott, thanks for stopping by. We miss you."

So yeppers, I believe... totally.

I believe there are angels and demons. I don't believe that the spirits of dead people are roaming earth though.

I believe there are angels and demons. I don't believe that the spirits of dead people are roaming earth though.
Great input! For some Christians(and others) ghosts go against belief and teaching. Here is a link to a guy(who might be a little far out there)(and doesnt reflect my views necessarily)(now disclaimer is done).
    But the link is about how he sees ghosts and Christianity as compatable. He seems to have ALL the answers(a little scary in itself) You may not agreee but might find it interesting reading anyway.

http://www.ufodigest.com/news/0108/whydoghostsexist.html

I do paranormal research in my spare time. We are not alone. I have had some experiences that are not explainable by any other explaination. I always go in with a skeptical view and a lot of times it can be explained as natural occurances. When I have more time, I will write of the first couple experiences that got me involved with it all.

Like I said above, I do some paranormal research in my spare time. The first time I was left with an experience was when I was around 20. Went to a party with my girlfriend. The house we went to was well known as being haunted. The people who lived there told us that night about all the experiences they had and as my girl friend sat, listening, she skeptically said "if there is a ghost here, lets see it change the channel on the radio". Right then and there the dial on the radio turned and the needle on the radio went across the dial to a different station. THis was back in the 80s before modern digital tuners. This was an old style stereo that you had to turn a big knob to change the radio station.

All my life growing up, my family has owned a cabin north of here in the middle of the woods. My grandpa built it back in the 40s. I used to go over there by myself with my dog and go dirt biking and just do upkeep on the place. I remember on morning laying in bed there and the sun was just about to rise for the day. I heard 2 men talking very low and could not understand what they were saying, but my dog suddenly growled and ran out into the living room and started barking. I jumped out of bed and quickly checked the place and ran outside to make sure no one was ther. Of course ther was not. This place is almost a mile back in the woods and not near anybody elses place.
My brother now lives there and his kids often see little kids ther who suddenly dissappear. The other day my sister in law saw the r to the upstairs open and close and someone walk up the stairs. Of course no one was up there when she went up there. I could go on and on with stories of things seen and heard while on paranormal investigations. There is deffinately something after death.

Growing up a girlfriend of mine lived in a 200+ year old farm house with a well known strange history.
2 horses turned out to pasture died there (they died in quicksand; none was ever found there, but they had traces of sand in their lungs) and one of the owners went stark raving mad and murdered his whole family. He killed his 2 small children upstairs, drug their bodies down the stairs and then killed his wife in the downstairs bedroom before killing himself.
Every night this re-enactment happened. You could hear 2 loud sounds (shots?)and then something banging down the stairs followed by 2 more shots and then nothing.
One of the spirits was a prankster. It would turn on lights, lock doors (one time it locked us out of the house when we went to the barn), take things & leave them elsewhere, etc.

when i was a lil kid i went with my parents to this old plantation that had kept a lot of slaves and they took a picture of me in the slaves quarters and when they developed the picture it showed a very dark outline shadow in the shape of a man standing next to me it was a pretty wild pic

Back