PING  new non smokers

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
So how are you guys that are quitting (I could use names but maybe some have given up already and do not want to let you know how big a loser you are now)

What is working for you?
Biggest problem?
What would you do different?
anything else you would like to comment on such a tough task?

start smoking something that'll do something for ya
winkold.gif

thats easier to quit too

Going on one month for me. I think I've gained 15 pounds though. Havn't smoked one since I threw them in the trash can and I won't light up another. Cold turkey for me too.

Been in bed all week with pnumonia, have smoked since Saturday. I wont say I dont miss it, but I am not going to light back up once I get out of here.

Yea Hal that can be a problem (I gained 20, still have them) but I think it requires a regimen of walks etc and so far I can not get myself to do that.

Not sure what to do about it... maybe you can come up with a good solution? I still feel better but the weight is a bummer..

Still glad you are hanging in there..(as are the rest of you
smile.gif
)

My only downfall will be if I drink enough beer or liquor...I need to stay away from gettin f_cked up...
beerchug.gif

Quite mid September. Had a couple since but for the most part, I've quit.

Hangin' out with other smokers is the biggest problem. You may have to make some new friends or trade in some family members for new ones!

biggrin.gif

--Wag--

Going on one month for me. I think I've gained 15 pounds though. Havn't smoked one since I threw them in the trash can and I won't light up another. Cold turkey for me too.
Hal

Is the food is already tasting better or are you subsituting eating for smoking?

Nov 16th 2006 (14 Months)

Cold Turkey.
Sorry guys but it was easy for me.
Kinda made me ashamed I didn't do it years earlier.

Hal

Is the food is already tasting better or are you subsituting eating for smoking?
I think it's a little bit of both Rick. For the first week I ate a boatload of butterscotch candies.
sadnews.gif
Cut back on those now. It has been cold up here, so been a couch potato, that hasn't helped. Food is tasting better, but still have not aquired a taste for parsley.
laugh.gif

I'm proud of you guys for quitting, i hope it makes life in general a LOT easier for all of you.
beerchug.gif

Thumbs up to all of you!!!!
thumb_up.gif

Back