Why am I denied permission to edit my OWN posts?

MoosesBusa

Former BusaHolic
Donating Member
Registered
Been trying to edit some posts I've made lately and on more than a few occasions been denied access. Anybody else running into this?
I've noticed when I first post it up there's no problem. If I leave the page and go back to it, it's access denied.

you can no longer edit after a certain time period....like 3 -5 minutes. It is to keep people from coming back later and changing info.
beerchug.gif

are you serious? I came back to later to fix something because without this one tiny word my response made me sound like an a__ and I wanted to fix it to correct the intended meaning meaning. oh well, I guess I need to slow down and proof read more
smile.gif

are you serious?  I came back to later to fix something because without this one tiny word my response made me sound like an a__ and I wanted to fix it to correct the intended meaning meaning.  oh well, I guess I need to slow down and proof read more  
smile.gif
You can PM an admin and ask them to fix it.

Yup. You're the only one. The board hates just you.

poke.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

--Wag--

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

What caused this to be an Admin preference?
Becuase there have been times in recent history where people make comments then go back and edit thier posts and say that they never made the original comments... (even thought there is a date and a time stamp on any edits)

with EVERYTHING ELSE on the planet, recorded, tracked, monitored, printed, time stamped, labeled, counted, sanitized, filed, catagorized and copied, I kinda liked the ability to change what ever I write at a later time, but that's just me. bummer.

like "Talking" live. RARELY does anyone RECORD everything you say and bring it up later in conversation with exact wording, date, time, mood.... you say it, someone hears it, you move on and those words have now vanished into a diminishing memory. here it will live in black and white infinitely

like "Talking" live.  RARELY does anyone RECORD everything you say and bring it up later in conversation with exact wording, date, time, mood.... you say it, someone hears it, you move on and those words have now vanished into a diminishing memory.  
You're not a married man are ya!?! My wife still brings up stuff from two decades ago!
deadhorse.gif

In re: "Rack 'em, stack 'em, log 'me & fax 'em."

log (me)? Now I bet you're stuck with that since you can't edit your own post...
laugh.gif

Back