New Business

GSXRFANN

FLUNKIE
Donating Member
Registered
Hey guys. I know there are alot of you that keep up with the stock market and the economy in general.
I am looking for some ideas. I want to start up my own business of some type. I want it to have very, very little start up costs, and something that is (not to sound stupid) easy to run and learn as it grows. This would be a part time thing just to fund my Busa habit for a while, then if successful, who knows?
I know there is money to be made, but I am out of ideas. Anything to do with cars/bikes/trucks/vehicles in general requires alot of insurance which is expensive. Programs to set up and maintain web sites is very expensive, not to mention the cost of getting it hosted. I want to do something that is different and interesting. Like I said, I want to learn business as I grow!
Any ideas will be appreciated!!

Thanks,
Brian

Well my shop is going up for sale at the end of the month. I have been hardley keeping my head above water for the last 6 months. Over 10 shops in the tricounty have gone under in the last year. People are not having stuff done like the did last year.

You could be a pimp.Very little start up cost.You could work out of an cadilac.

pimpII_729976.jpg

Hey - pm me. We have a company calaled EarthSmart Shutters that has dealerships available for very low investment. The money is really good for the package. Interior plantation wood shutter sales without all the headache. They're part of Selections United and the income model is pretty impressive.

You asked - that's all I'm saying. It's a good setup. If you want more info, its the real deal. Let me know.

beerchug.gif

Start a motorcyle/auto adult p o r n o site.
face7.gif

I've heard of people starting their own silk screen T-shirt printing business and having a pretty good go at it. Just need to network to get business, like schools, or businesses that want their logo on shirts to give to employees or promotions etc.. The equipment to do it is relatively inexpensive.

You might want to check out on-site windshield repair.There are several companies that offer startup turn key operations between $1000.00-2000.00. Get in with some local insurance company(s) and most will gladly pay you $50-100 bucks to fix a rock chip or crack instead of $250-500 to replace the whole thing. Do some research before you pick one though, like with all things,some are clearly better than others.Also the general public will like the idea of you coming to them as a matter of conveinence.
Another one is a home inspector, if you have that type of backround. Offer your services to both buyers,sellers,and realestate agents. Both of these have low insurance requirements and low overhead cost. Just some quick ideas
cool.gif

Vending is a great way to start off. Buy used machines very cheap, no employees, minimal time, all cash business. We have been very lucky and found several businesses that let us keep the machines there for no rental charge. The machines are very easy to repair - we do most repairs/maintenance ourself. Then they can later be sold for usually more than you paid for them once you've established your vending route.

Vending is a great way to start off.  Buy used machines very cheap, no employees, minimal time, all cash business.  We have been very lucky and found several businesses that let us keep the machines there for no rental charge.  The machines are very easy to repair - we do most repairs/maintenance ourself.  Then they can later be sold for usually more than you paid for them once you've established your vending route.
Condoms and bubble-gum. Who doesn't need those on a daily basis.
thumb_up.gif

(best idea so far)

RSD.

It is amazing how well a stand alone car wash will do. They built one in my town a couple of years ago. All it is is a vaccum and 2 automatic wash stalls. I am like "man...that is stupid, that will never take off". Boy was I wrong. After they opened there were lines of cars waiting...it is still like that at $7-$9 per wash. There was only 1 full service car wash and 1 DIY car wash in town before this one.

Now the guys that built the stand alone sold it to the full service and there is currently another large car wash being built in our town.

...eveyone loves a clean car
cool.gif

Asphalt sealing. .10 per square foot as of 2007. very good money for dirty, but easy work.

Hey guys. I know there are alot of you that keep up with the stock market and the economy in general.
I am looking for some ideas. I want to start up my own business of some type. I want it to have very, very little start up costs, and something that is (not to sound stupid) easy to run and learn as it grows. This would be a part time thing just to fund my Busa habit for a while, then if successful, who knows?
I know there is money to be made, but I am out of ideas. Anything to do with cars/bikes/trucks/vehicles in general requires alot of insurance which is expensive. Programs to set up and maintain web sites is very expensive, not to mention the cost of getting it hosted. I want to do something that is different and interesting. Like I said, I want to learn business as I grow!
Any ideas will be appreciated!!

Thanks,
Brian
Ha! not so much as you might think.... talk with USN05LE first.

You might want to check out on-site windshield repair.There are several companies that offer startup turn key operations between $1000.00-2000.00. Get in with some local insurance company(s) and most will gladly pay you $50-100 bucks to fix a rock chip or crack instead of $250-500 to replace the whole thing. Do some research before you pick one though, like with all things,some are clearly better than others.Also the general public will like the idea of you coming to them as a matter of conveinence.
Another one is a home inspector, if you have that type of backround. Offer your services to both buyers,sellers,and realestate agents. Both of these have low insurance requirements and low overhead cost. Just some quick ideas
cool.gif
Many new glass installs run over $1000 today... it is a lucrative business fixing chips if you are motivated..

Brian, I sell business services and products. I am allways looking for new agents and or leads. For instance on a Point of Sale system for a restaurant ( computer touch screens ) if you sell it we pay about $1400 if you simply send me a qualified referral I'd pay you $400 if the sale goes through. There is no start up cost and this is not a MLM.

Let me know if you want more details.

dell_REST_1S.jpg

buddy of mine has a newspaper route, sounds funny I know. He picks the papers up at 3 am and drops them off on his way to work. 10 machines and 2 stores and he's done. Covers like 30 miles total. Said it takes a little over an hour a day and then he goes to work. $300/wk income. After his write off for gas expense he said he clears over $200/wk for 7 hours of his time. He has a wife and 2 kids, she doesn't work...so every cent helps I bet.

Back