Need some help/suggestions from the org

Sloto200

Off we go, into the wild blue yonder...
Donating Member
Registered
I went to the first meeting to help plan and set up an upcomming motorcycle run tonight.  Let me give a little background on the run.  It is called the 3rd Annual Commpassion Run.  All the money we raise for it goes to a nonprofit organization here in town.  The "theme" if you will is to get all bike riders of all types to come and join us on the run.  There are bike games afterward with a live band, door prizes, bbq and more.  The first year we did it, we raised aprox. $3000 for a "Commpassion Center here in Wichita Falls that opened up to give hurrican Katrina victems a place to live until they go back on their feet.  Last year we made approx. $6600 for a childerens center called Paties House.  We had approx. 300 bikes last year as well...(around here thats alot)

The two things i need help on are these...

During the meeting tonight someone brought up something that we did last year.  The Wichita Falls PD motorcycle riders did a "demo" ride and they were excellent.  They have competed at the national level and won!  Someone brought up the idea to have them back but to also get a "stunt riding" group to do a show of some kind.  That is where i need the help.  I didnt commit to anything but i'm asking anyone out there that would know how i could get ahold of a stunt group to see about doing a small demo/show.  

The second thing is simply this... how would i get some of the area sport bikes to join up on this ride.  Everytime i go on a local charity ride it is 98% harleys 1.5% various other cruiser bikes and .05% sportbikes.  

I'm open to suggestions... if anyone cant help me out, I'd appreciate it.  We are trying to raise $10000 for Hospice of Wichita Falls this year.  The Run will take place on March 29th with a rain date of the following weekend.  Thanks in advance for any replies!  
please.gif

coolold.gif

I think that most sportbike riders are under 30. They might feel they aren't welcome or they just don't know they can ride in the event. I would advertise in the local bars where the younger people tend to hang out. In the flyer mention that sportbikes are welcome to ride also.

we are getting alot of advertising out this year. We are supposed to get a feature story in the local paper, tv and radio time as well. And of course the usual fliers at the local motorcycle dealerships. Hopefully we get more sportbike riders this year!

I think if you can get ahold of a stunt group...that would also help your sport bike crowd.

Yeah if you have stunt crew you will have allot more sportbikes.
Call up Jason Britton and see if he is around. They are always traveling doing shows maybe you can get him to donate some of his time.

Contact Steve Smithers at Smithers Customs, a site sponsor. He builds bikes and sells parts to stunters, and also sponsors a world champion stunt rider.

Back