microsoft vista vid

clap.gif

Ok is Vista really that bad. I am running XP Pro right now. I am getting ready to upgrade to a faster computer, should I buy it with XP Pro or Vista Home Premium?

Don

This video pretty much sums it up...kinda disappointed in my boys from Redmond with their latest OS.

Ok is Vista really that bad. I am running XP Pro right now. I am getting ready to upgrade to a faster computer, should I buy it with XP Pro or Vista Home Premium?

Don
I would make sure that you get the "downgrade" disk with the system. (Dell includes this)

I'm an Info Tech Professional that works with every geek toy that comes along. I'm skipping Vista. I've messed with it quite a bit from home use to business networking and I'm shaking my head asking why. It reminds me of WINDOWS ME which had tons of serious usage and stability issues. There is nothing wrong with XP other than MS thinks it's high time to cash in on unsuspecting users yet again. They do deserve payment.... IF their product is a real advancement but it is not. Much of the business world is not adopting it. Yet anyway.

I would not recommend Vista to anybody. My family that has recently purchased laptops with it installed are very frustrated now that they didn't listen to me in the first place.

Wanna see something cool? Download MINT, burn a CD and boot on it. FULL FUNCTIONAL operating system and it cost all of $0.00
http://www.linuxmint.com/mirrors.php?id=15
lm05.jpg

I'm not a linux fan AT ALL, but this stuff IS impressive. If it played my windows games, I'd be on it at home for sure

I am running 2 laptops from the house 1 with Xp nad hte other with Vista. I am so much happier with the XP machine. VISTA SUCKS
guns.gif

Damn! I haven't heard about problems with vista until now! I just purchased a new laptop this weekend with VHP installed. What kind of problems should I expect? My GF has a pretty new Dell with XP, and I've already noticed hers boots up and shuts down faster than my brand new one!!

Damn! I haven't heard about problems with vista until now! I just purchased a new laptop this weekend with VHP installed. What kind of problems should I expect? My GF has a pretty new Dell with XP, and I've already noticed hers boots up and shuts down faster than my brand new one!!
My laptop came with Vista premium installed.  Been running it for 11 months and have not had one single issue or lock up.  My laptop is running a Turion64 with 1 gig (not exactly high end) and Vista screams on it.
I would never bother to spend the time and money to upgrade XP on my desktop but there's very little reason to ditch Vista already installed on a new PC unless you have a certain old program that won't work with Vista.  Most of the complaints seem to be from friends of friends who know someone that didn't like it or people trying to install it on incredibly weak computers.

I've been using PCs since MS-Dos 1.X.  I hated windows when it was first introduced and avoided using it until Windows 95 which was the biggest piece of sh!t ever made.  Windows 98 was the 2nd biggest POS ever made.  Windows ME was sweet, it actually worked and XP was better yet.

Personally I'd rather do away with using a mouse to point at pretty pictures and go back to a black screen with the good old C: prompt.  Load the program you want and when you exit it's gone.  Don't like a program you can delete all the files in that directy and it's gone forever without megs worth of hidden files spread out all over the HD.  And having to know how to use a computer would weed 99% of the idiots off the net.  
thumb_up.gif

Windows ME was SWEET? ? ? YGTBKM! aaaah... a DOS BOXER. I get it now
smile.gif

I will say this, I have four XP machines and have a few problems with all of them. I have one vista machine and it crashes daily. Now my MACS, they are a work of art. Never crash, no blue screens of death. Just churning along, all day, happy to be powered up.

I have grown up on PC`s and Macs. I started on a IBM 8086 you had to boot with a 5.25 inch floppy and use the other floppy drive to run programs on and the hard drive was smaller than whats in my cell phone now.

Ive watch computer grow and Ive watched them crash. VISTA SUCKS

Josh

Back