Audiophiles, Vman needs recomendations...

vman1300

Never Forgotten
This week my home theater sub decided to give up and die on me. I have been using a Velodyne DPS10, worked well, but now I am looking for something even better....without breaking the bank.

What are you guys using?

I can't really comment on home subs. I have a bullet proof set of Sony SAVA-15's that are still plugging away for me. I'll give you a free bump though.

Klipsch... That is it, you are done.
lurk.gif

oddly enough, velodyne was going to be my recommendation before i opened this. Great speakers. If you dont want to go with a velodyne, you could always lok at carver, dynaudio, REL Acoustics, Wilson Benesch, or, if you wanna go crazy, something by Naim Audio...

How old is the Velodyne? Repair could be an option!

I am not opposed to anudder Velodyne. I went to Circuit City to check out the MiniVeetoday and no stock.

Klipsch RW series is another option.

I just would like to compare them back to back in the same enviroment.

1. What is your budget?
2. What size is your room?
3. What speakers in you HT setup?

Let`s start from there... Without that information every recommendation is irrelevant.

1. What is your budget?
2. What size is your room?
3. What speakers in you HT setup?

Let`s start from there... Without that information every recommendation is irrelevant.
Yamaha 5.1 reciever, 100 watts/channel

Yamaha speakers that came with the receiver.

Room size is very odd shaped, but the listening area is 20' x 18' with a 8' ceiling. Here comes the other part, it is connected to the kitchen and dining room. Those rooms add another 20' x 10'. From what I have read, the connecting room volume must be added for optimum bass.

I know you can never have too much sub for any home theater and budget is less the $1k.

I have Velodyne myself and for the $300 it`s a good sub. I have quiet efficient L+R High-End speakers good to 28Hz so only LEF frequency required from a sub. Velodyne doing it`s job very good for movies...

For small satellite speakers you sub must pump up to $150HZ. SVS is the best subs you can buy in $1K budget. I`d recommend reading some reviews if you are serious about your HT setup. Avoid reviews from Amazon, Cnet, Epinion. Only Audiophile sites and forums. Check this one:
http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums....em.html

With that sub you can upgrade your speakers later and keep the sub.

Paradigm

I've had a complete surround system for years. These speakers rock as hard today as the day I bought them. I've been looking at upgrading my surround reciever as it's got quite a few years on it, but the speakers aren't going anywhere.
beerchug.gif

Thanks Vic. There have been many people that are recommending the SVS ones. I am gonna see if there is a dealer close.....

Back