Need a video...

Speednut

Registered
Hey, I can't be the only one who is somewhat uneasy lifting their busa onto a rear stand using spools. I got a vortex rear stand that rarely gets used because of this. I always feel I need two people to put it up. I know some people use 2x4 under the kickstand and stuff, which may help, but I was hoping that if someone was comfortable and good with lifting and setting the bike back down off the rearstand, that if a video was taken of the procedure it might help a lot of people become more comfortable with it. SO, if anyone is bored or has some extra time, I would love to see a video of a rear stand in action with a single person using it. THANKS! Lifting seems more possible in my head than setting it back down when I'm solo, but I wanna see the whole shabang.

It can be difficult to do, but most of us do it all the time. Do you have the grab rail on the back? It comes in very handy. I have seen a video for the Cycle Cats rearstand somewhere, but will check.

No grab rail...take the hump off and grab the sub-frame cross member.

Tie downs hung from the ceiling,one to each bar end for safety.

Kickstand will save the left side,position bike close to wall on right side to stop it going over that way.Once up on stand,drag to the open to work on it.

I just used to rip it up on the stand,you get quite good at it.
winkold.gif

Not a vid,but an' idea or two.

RSD.

Honestly, I have the Cyclecat rearstand. And there was a video floaing around (that boy george made) of me lifting his bike with 2 fingers!!!

Not bad ideas. So far I like the remove hump, grab subframe idea. That will give me some leverage and comfort. Keep it up. My friend who lives in Florida is anxiously waiting for this video too. So that tells me right there I'm not the only one who needs it.
smile.gif

Here it is...but this aint gunna help you unless you had this stand. This is really incredible that I can do this with 2 fingers! Plus I star in it!! LOL

fingers Mcgee[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Once you get past the fear of doing it the first few times, it becomes somewhat routine. I know the first few times I did it, i made a huge production out of it....made my wife or someone else be out there to help in case the bike fell or something. Now I just lift it without thinking about it.

I know it's scary and all, and that's normal. You'll be fine once you do it a few times.

Thanks guys. I didn't even think to go on you-tube for myself and look for a video. I just did that, and found about 1,908,654 videos on lifting bikes onto rearstands. I appreciate your help and tips though. Should make this process pretty simple.

I so looked at the CycleCat stand but couldn't get it in my budget.. Needed front and rear so I bought Suzook stands 210 for both..

I agree with all the above it comes easier the more times you do it..

Back