New Boots?  YEAH New Boots...

Revlis

Re-Recycled, Busa-Less...
Donating Member
Registered
Once again NewEnough.com has come through with flying colors.  Ordered my Technic Defender Boots on Saturday Night, they show up yesterday.  Fit is a little stiff but they should loosen up.  After wearing Combat Boots while riding for 11 years this is going to take some getting used to.  

I took a chance with the Teknic boots like I did a few months ago with their gloves.  Once again I am really impressed, For the money anyway.  They have the armor in the right places, look pretty much like any other boot when I am wearing jeans over them, and they are fairly comfortable to walk around it.
Best Part was $85 bucks, Normally $165 and I see them elswhere on the web for $149.  I wasn't expecting much but I am surprised with just how well Teknic seems to be putting their stuff together.  My Violater Pro Gloves are holding up beautifully as well.

The Teknic Defender boots are in NewEnoughs Closeout section, I highly recommend getting a pair if you want a decent pair of water proof riding boots.  There are boots that are a whole lot better for sure, uh Sidi comes to mind, but for the money I think I got a damn good value.

Check them out here: NewEnough Closeout boots  Like I said, there are better boots out there for more money, but if you want something that has built in armor, is water proof and will work better than sneakers or combat boots these might be the ticket.

Size wise, I ordered a 46, I wear an 11-11.5 in Us Sizes and these fit just about perfect, a little spare room to wiggle the toes and nice and snug around the heel.  So their sizing seems to be about right.  Zippered closure on the inside with a Burly velcro cover over that.  If you wear big ass pants like I do with the wide legs they will fit inside just fine otherwise, you can tuck your jeans in.  

So, What have we learned?  Teknic is still impressing me with their high quality at reasonable prices, New Enough Kicks everyones ass, and Revlis likes to save a few bucks so long as the Item works as advertised and I have confidence that these boots will do their job, on the street anyway. If I were heading to the track SIDI Vertebre would be my choice...

Believe me folks, I am a picky bitch, so if I say these are a good value for the money, your not going to be dissapointed, just remember they are not going to be Alpinestars or Sidi's for $85 bucks.  A definite step above Joe Rockets offerings I believe though.

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1074868606 -->

Front_Teknics.jpg

Thanks Rev...I will need new boots soon...my current pair aren't holding up to shifting the Busa...they're wearing thin...

Now, I've got to figure out the sizes!

I got those same boots from New Enough. They are great. Comfortable enough to wear and walk in, but armored enough to provide some protection.

Nice boots Revlis! I can't help but looking at the racing version and then i think of how many idiots would want to race because I have on a pair of boots like that?
tounge.gif
I do like the almost normal look of those you picked. Let us know how they feel after you have them broke in and how they react to your movements.

Thanks for the info Revlis. They look like nice boots.

Just came a little late for me. I got a pair of Joe Rocket Hard Drive boots for Christmas. They're the racing boots with the sliders and armor though.

Cool avatar. Thats like one of the monitor screen tests for burning in new monitors. Can't remember the name of it.
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|stkr00
Reason for Edit: None given...|1074876356 -->

I got my first ones for xmas:
Vert2all_copy.jpg

I just got the plain black ones (size 49 euro) - I've gone a few hundred miles with them and I love them....

Here's the boots that I got. Only rode with them once before all of this white shiot came, but I'm happy so far.

Thanks for all the good feedback folks.

I'll follow up on the boots and he gloves after a couple of months. See how I feel about them then.

They'll be stiff for a little while but they'll break in nicely. I have these for over a year and they last well too. They're warm in the winter, but you'll get a little hot in the summer.

Deez_Boots.JPG

Thanks for the info, Rev. I am starting to look for boots and other riding gear!

You Bet Big B, it's taken me about 10 years to finally get street boots. I have been riding in Combat boots since my first street bike, I dunno why it took so long to get around to boots. I got the leather, gloves, and helmet thing down right away...boots just weren't a priority and I was thinking combat boots work just fine. Well I met a guy at work a few months back who had a minor accident on his bike a few years ago. He was wearing combat boots at the time and while they didn't come off his feet, they did allow his left ankle to get completely destroyed, the boots allowed too much twisting of his foot and the impact with the asphalt shattered something else. Looking at the x-rays of his pinned and screwed together ankle and the fact that he still uses a cane or a brace most days convinced me it was time to get some proper riding boots. These should do much better than my Corcoran Marauders, though it is going to take me a good deal of time getting used to them. They are pretty stiff as well, so it will probably take a few long days to get them loosened up a bit.

Anyway, glad to share and when you get good service from an online vendor or have good or bad experiance with a product, let the board know. It's this exchange of information that makes the board what it is...

Rev

Yeah, boots are probably at the bottom of my list but that story and others have made me a little more aggressive towards finding good gear, especially boots. Unfortunately they didn't have my size so I will have to look elsewhere, but I will have new boots and leathers before I start riding this spring! I agree it is the exchange of information that makes the board so great and will do the same.

My riding boots bit the dust this weekend...they weren't really good riding boots, so I didn't lose much...

I'm going to order some like Revlis did soon...any experience with sending things back to "New Enough" if they don't fit? Anyone had to do it?

I have no idea what size I'll need...seems that every shoe or boot I try on is a different size! What are the chances that I'll get it right the first time around?!
smile.gif

Michelle shoot them an email and let them know your size situation.  They have THE BEST sizing information of any website I have ever looked at.  The owner puts his 2 cents in on just about every product  they offer. They have a  review and lets you know if the sizes run a little big or small.  Its good stuff.

I went off of his advise and ordered my boots, gloves, and 2 peice suit.  They all fit PERFECT!  I was happy

Here is their return policy:  NewEnough return policy
Right now they are offering FREE SHIPPING on all Sidi boot purchases.  Too bad I already bought my Vertebra Races, and yes I love em.

Hope this helps,
Bill

I got leather pants and some boots double score

these are little different type of boot but seems to work
Dainese AKIRA, shoe/boot

but i like them
race.gif
super.gif

Akiramain.jpg

Back