ever lose a pet you loved?

thumb_up.gif
bowdown.gif

Lost a very close cat to me about two years ago. She's still on the screen saver on my cell phone. It's phenomenal and astounding how close to your heart they get! Her passing changed certain perspectives about life for me. Maybe that sounds a little crazy, but it's true.

One of our parrots flew past the door to be with the wifey. Gabbby, a rare red winged parakeet, flew up in to a tree in the front yard. A hawk flushed him out and ate him

"Wise" is an understatement for that child. I can't say I'm a 100% true believer, but I think that child would get me closer than most adults could.

Personally I lost my dog of 13 years a few years back. She was given to me when I was 7 and she died when I was 20 ... I literally grew up with her. I still miss her and to this day still honor her "sun set" day.

WOW. That hit me hard man. Really. Man I miss my dogs. Closest things on earth to me.

"Wise" is an understatement for that child. I can't say I'm a 100% true believer, but I think that child would get me closer than most adults could.

Personally I lost my dog of 13 years a few years back. She was given to me when I was 7 and she died when I was 20 ... I literally grew up with her. I still miss her and to this day still honor her "sun set" day.
+1

Our dachsund that i grew up with passed away this year. I swear i still hear her whine like she wants to go to the bathroom sometimes.
sad.gif

My wife and I dont have children and dont PLAN to (if you read about my surgery last week you know the story), but out cats are like our children. We lost one a few years back and at times I still miss her.

I think we could all learn a lot about unconditional love from our pets. Think about it, if you come home and are having a bad day, they don't care, they just want your love, and want to give you love in return. If we were more like our pets, the world would be a MUCH better place. they dont hold grudges, dont get mad at you (at least not for long), want to be by your side, etc. I'm blessed to have the animals we have, and I'll care for them as well as i can for as long as God allows them to be with me.

You CAN'T replace pets.

They're the BEST way to relax and take your mind off of things, "except for the bike i guess."
bowdown.gif

My wife and I dont have children and dont PLAN to (if you read about my surgery last week you know the story), but out cats are like our children.  We lost one a few years back and at times I still miss her.  

I think we could all learn a lot about unconditional love from our pets.  Think about it, if you come home and are having a bad day, they don't care, they just want your love, and want to give you love in return.  If we were more like our pets, the world would be a MUCH better place.  they dont hold grudges, dont get mad at you (at least not for long), want to be by your side, etc.  I'm blessed to have the animals we have, and I'll care for them as well as i can for as long as God allows them to be with me.
I USED 2 FEED A GROUP OF STRAYS WHEN I DROPPED OFF IN INDY

I tried call city animal control 4 help but they wouldnt do nothin

I lost my severance pay for going off on a supervisor when i lost that job

Thats why i was really so mad cause i couldnt feed my cats no more
sad.gif

Back