Anyone has an iPhone?

NightCrawler

Love all. Trust a few. Do wrong to none.
Donating Member
Registered
I'm in need of a new cellphone and was thinking about nabbing an iPhone. Does anyone here have one? Is it worth it? How well do they hold up when dropped (this is why I need a new phone
blush.gif
).

If anything, can any owner just give out a brief review.

Thanks.

I love it. L O V E it. I was never one of those people who carried around a phone for anything other than making calls - web browsing or even text messaging was painful on pretty much any other phone that I've ever owned - but I've ended up using the iPhone for calendars, web browsing, photos...I can even carry my work around to show clients, since it's a robust video iPod.

The thing saved my ass a few weeks ago when I got a flat on the Busa somewhere in Ontario, CA. Located where I was using Google Maps, searched for "Motorcycle", found a Yamaha dealer 5 miles away. I clicked to dial the number, found out he had a tire and would fit me in, and used maps to figure out the quickest way there. I had pretty much worked out a solution in 5 minutes.

If you're using a Mac at home, it syncs seamlessly with iTunes, iPhoto and iCal. Can't speak to how impervious it is to dropping; although I can say that the screen is really really tough to scratch. I've been carrying mine around in my pocket, on the bike etc., and the glass is still perfect.

Biggest peeve: AT&T. It depends on where you are in the country - for some it's ok (in Los Angeles they're really no better or worse than any other carrier that I've been with) for some AT&T is a bit of a nightmare, depending on your usage area.

If you're thinking of getting one, wait until the Macworld convention in mid-January to see if they introduce an updated version.

Everyone I know that has one loves it.

Of course the ones that don't have it, hate on it
lol1.gif

a friend of mine has it and is on his 4th phone already i guess they still have some bugs that they havent worked out yet. but he does like it when it works

well if you do get one dont add software that isn't specifically through mac or hack the phone at all or if you do get you have to get an older version of iTunes or it will load software to turn your phone that worked just fine into a useless brick or crash on purpose and they wont do anything except to tell you to buy a new phone even software like a gps tracking and nothing that even competes with macand the new itunes updates have been known to make your computer act like its got some crazy spyware and the price of you service package is goin to go through the roof

well if you do get one dont add software that isn't specifically through mac or hack the phone at all or if you do get you have to get an older version of iTunes or it will load software to turn your phone that worked just fine into a useless brick or crash on purpose and they wont do anything except to tell you to buy a new phone even software like a gps tracking and nothing that even competes with macand the new itunes updates have been known to make your computer act like its got some crazy spyware and the price of you service package is goin to go through the roof
rock.gif

I'm running a bunch of "other" software without problems, and the developer SDK is out in Feb. so more "official" apps are on the horizon. I've hacked away at mine just fine. btw, the service package for both phone and unlimited data is a single flat price.

You WILL run into problems if you try to hack the phone to run on another carrier such as T-Mobile etc.

I asked the same question a while ago, and there were a few responses about security issues with the iPhone. A Google search should give you an idea of what's up.

well from what i've read and from what one of my friends whos a att rep was telling me if you have the newest itunes and any unofficial software its useless not to say that they havent changed anything recently but this was what he was tellin me a month or so a ago

Back