Manifesto

Projekt

Registered
From my Myspace Blog:

rant.gif

Maybe I'm a hypocrite. Maybe I am misled. Maybe I don't know as much as I think I know. It could be that I think about things too much, constantly weighing issues in my mind. Suppose not everybody does, but I've got some smart friends. Even they might think, as they have told me, that I am on another level.

Excuse me if I don't talk about the usual icebreaking topics. The music, the drinks, the where you're from, how's your family type of regularity defining the norm. I've got to work on it I suppose, since my style doesn't always come across favorably. Sometimes it is outrageous, sure, but mostly I am just me and that could be mellow or agitated for your entertainment.

My idea is that you take something of interest out of your interaction with me, be it a short undefined moment or an entire evening consuming elixirs and other amusements.

Lately, I have been evaluating life even more than normal. Pondering if you will, what it means to be an American born domestically but infused with a foreign culture, it's traditions and styles of thought, occupies much more of my internal high speed processor and data storage unit (my brain).

Taking in all of the election hype, I am concerned about the future of our nation. More and more, the intentions of the candidates, if they happen to reach the worlds most powerful public office, are of major concern to me as a politically aware American citizen.

What I am really weary of, is the government's spending habits. They just spend our hard earned tax contributions like they were constantly purging a reservoir by blowing the dam. These days, in time of war, it is more like the flooding of the Black Sea with a continuous outflow of biblical proportions into the quickly forming abyss.

Before the war, the IRS couldn't care less about how many illegal exemptions people took, or how much they claimed to give to charity. They were in the fat and happy mode. The mode of a national Treasury overflowing with UNSPENT money. Thus, they did not spend much time scrutinizing people's tax returns. They spent even less time auditing people at their homes or places of business.

It was like overeating, eventually that half gallon of ice cream your are taking spoonfuls out of is gonna make you realize your don't want anymore.

Now, things are different, we are in a war for more that six years. Hundreds of billions of dollars have gone to pay for it all. Anger continually floods my mind and body the more I think about it. The IRS has added staff to go chase down those tax evaders like US Marshalls hunting down fugitives.

Have you noticed how much more media has to do with tax awareness these days? I have and it is exponentially more than it was in the 90's. Every last dollar that can be roped in goes to fill an ever expanding treasury abyss created by war spending.

Should we as American citizens continue to ALLOW this behavior? Should we continue to condone it? Oh, I just realized that most readers may not be aware that they are, by law of the constitution, condoning this type of frivolous foreign spending. How, you ask?

By not practicing applied democracy, thats how.
wtf.gif

If you can vote, you can make a change. You can exercise your constitutional rights and put pressure on the "Bureaucratic machine" that dictates your lifestyle. Your economic slavery is guided by this machine, it is a process of our country's prevalent state of awareness.

We are all feeding it by allowing it to consume more and more of our earnings in the form of taxes that did not exist 100 years ago when the population was much smaller.

Now we have a giant government that places more and more demands on us as taxpayers in order to fund whatever pet project or program it wishes to put in place. This war is a great example, and here I am making my living from it.

Does that make me a Hypocrite? What is your answer? Feel free to leave a comment.

Don't be afraid to insult me.

rant.gif

rant.gif

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
If you can vote, you can make a change. [/quote]
I know you and many others dont wanna hear this, but your vote dont mean sh!t! They are all the scum of the earth! They all talk a good story, but filling their pockets with our hard earned money. The system is corrupt and cannot and will not change. It's nice to think that it could, but it wont. As far as me involving myself as to actually going down to vote? This would make me just as guilty as them by taking part of what I believe is total kaos and corruption of our GOBMENT!

No go ahead and
guns.gif
away at me.

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:
<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
I know you and many others dont wanna hear this, but your vote dont mean sh!t! They are all the scum of the earth! They all talk a good story, but filling their pockets with our hard earned money. The system is corrupt and cannot and will not change. It's nice to think that it could, but it wont. As far as me involving myself as to actually going down to vote? This would make me just as guilty as them by taking part of what I believe is total kaos and corruption of our GOBMENT!

No go ahead and  
guns.gif
 away at me.[/quote]
I suppose you could see it this way.. Glass half full type of perspective. You're just keepin' it real.
peace.gif

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:
<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>

No go ahead and  
guns.gif
 away at me.[/quote]
+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

I'll still vote. I think it does count. If nothing else, if I vote, I preserve my right to ***** about it when it get's effed up. If I'm in a conversation with another individual who doesn't vote, they can go pound sand. They're opinion doesn't matter because they didn't do the very least thing available to them to do something about it. Does the vote count? Not nearly as much as we would like, of course. But it is the LEAST little thing we can do and we should do it.

Or shut the fucck up. I'm not interested in your whining unless you did at least that much about it.

If you really want to make a difference, however, you have to get involved in politics. At least go to the local council meetings and school board meetings. You CAN make your voice heard in those venues and you absolutely should. That's where you make a difference. Make sure you are WELL informed, though, 'cause if you do it wrong, you'll only sound like a whacko and you'll do your cause more damage than good.

With regard to national politics, you can write letters to your senator and congressman. Find out who they are. Snail mail is more effective still than e-mails. Last I heard, a letter to a senator is assumed to carry the opinions of about 400 people; it assumes you hang with people who are similarly-minded to yourself. If you think a vote doesn't count for much, take it to the next level and write some letters and amplify your efforts 400 times!!!

Ya do that kind of thing, you can complain to me about the problems of the country and your opinion will be respected. To say that your vote doesn't count is ignorant and uninformed. Yeah, it doesn't count a lot but it DOES eliminate the effect of the vote of the opposition!!!

Okay, having said all of that (sorry for going on so long about it) often the options you have on the ballot really suck. In that case, you're actually voting against someone in may elections. That sucks. However, if you're at least moderately well-informed, you can vote on the other issues on the ballot and make a difference there, again, having an effect on local issues and local politics.

It ain't always the best scenario but it's important to at least do what you can rather than do effin' NOTHING about it except crying and whining about it.

--Wag--

Wag,
I am wit'cha mang...

The fact is that we are supplied information in order to sway us in one direction. You see it in the papers. The Washington Post leans right, the Washington Times leans left etc. It is very interesting to read articles in either paper pertaining to the same issue and see how the message is spun to the polar-opposite.

NYPost-NYTimes etc, they all do the same thing. Read them both and make up your mind.

It is hard enough to wade through all the mucky bullshid, but, are we to continue to be manipulated by the sitting leadership? I suppose so. There are so many changes to be made to this great country. In my opinion, we have a long way to go.

I like Ron Paul, because he is no-nonsense. Sure the man has some lofty goals but at least he is letting his balls hang and going for it with a very open and candid agenda. Obviously, his mettle would be tested against the legislative branch, whatever that may be were he to even make it to office.

Unfortunately, for guys like me or us. He who controls the media can quickly black ball our thoughts into "whacko-quack" status. It is done all too often.

I am very aware of the power of a well composed, typed and edited letter. It is a tremendously effective tool in this form of government.

Ok firt lets talk about the futility of the voting process, mostly for the president. You dont actually vote for the president, you vote for the person you hope will vote for the president you want (electoral college) then they vote for the president. Nothing in this country will change untill we get to directly vote the person we want and a majority popular vote wins. I think there has been more than 700 attempts to ammend the constitution to change this process and every time it gets shot down. The whole nominee/party/cacus/get who they choose thing really sucks for us, we are stuck with who they want and they get to pick who will vote for them, all we can do is vote for the people we hope will vote the guy we want
banghead.gif

Anyway, the next thing about spending and debt, we arent evan using our own money!!! According to the constituion 1 dollar is approx 23 Oz of gold not some peice of paper. We got screwed on that a long time ago, go google that it will piss you off. The Banks own the country and control who gets in power and what they do, it's all about profit for them.
deadhorse.gif

It is interesting to see how the different camps respond to this topic. Also, very obvious as to which people subscribe to.

projekt, I think one fo the problems with it all is... what can we do to FIX [read: over throw?] the government, when the government is controlling it? I mean withOUT a bloody coup, or tax avoidance?

I can't think of anything. I'm as nice and compliant as the next citizen, but when push comes to shove and the laws get silly, I'll stand by ground by WHATEVER MEANS IT TAKES. Hear that FBI? Pay attention. I'm not the only person that feels that way and you can't lock up a whole nation. We WILL fight back

The fags at my work all complain that they dont put the heat on in the shop. It's 62 degrees in there. (I work in the office, we got heat)
I tell them they all need to walk out and you'll see how fast they turn on the heat. None of them got the balls to do it. Even if some did, you need everyone to do it. Aint gunna happen. It is the same thing here. Anyone that even thinks change is in store is living a dream....
Our founding fathers would prolly roll in their graves if they knew what was going on now.

I feel the frustration and anger myself...

But heres the catch.. our votes do count but it takes more than that to make a change..

Sheep vote.. leaders voice opinions, state their feelings and then push for action.. What makes it hard is you must start at the bottom... most of the sheeple are afraid of change (look at the loser incumbents they refuse to boot out of office)

After you get your foot in the door, it then turns into a popularity contest.. how do you make change and not offend the sheeple? I think you do it by building your own base... Problem is without help and organization, you are just spinning your wheels again...

Now lets say you get help and organization... the big money mills get threatened and you are going to have hell to pay...

your odds of success? I think it goes up with your ability to build that initial base before getting attacked by the "good ole boys" In other words, guys like us stand about as much chance as a snowball in H***...

Now I am stuck again... frustrated and discouraged..... everyone I know is too controversial.......

maybe we can get Captain to run for office? good character, judgment and he rides a Busa!!

Feeling mildly better.....

So Cap, what office would you like to try first?
smile.gif

The fags at my work all complain that they dont put the heat on in the shop. It's 62 degrees in there. (I work in the office, we got heat)
I tell them they all need to walk out and you'll see how fast they turn on the heat. None of them got the balls to do it. Even if some did, you need everyone to do it. Aint gunna happen. It is the same thing here. Anyone that even thinks change is in store is living a dream....
Our founding fathers would prolly roll in their graves if they knew what was going on now.
Yeah bro but,

EVERYTHING STARTS WITH A DREAM..
brave.gif

Voting probably doesn't really matter--
What about redress of grievances? If you have seen what "WE The People" organization has gone through for bout six years now,
It would make you realize how rogue our gomment has become (or has been for at least 90 years.) Their case of redress may finally get to the Supremes. where a decision will stick.
Keeping your mind on the positives, and believing we will get it right DOES MATTER.
I'm gonna vote anyway-- for RON PAUL of course.

The problems today are so incredibly GINORMOUS, I don't even know where WE would begin to force the changes...the gov't machine is so huge and daunting, the laws holding it together like glue, forcing us more and more to not even be allowed to know what's really going on behind closed doors...

I for one am sick of politicians, PERIOD. I work with elected officials, and albeit they're certainly not near the top of the Federal food chain, but let's just say when I see the lies, the cheating, the thievery and blame game going on at such a low level, I'm horrified to think what it's truly like near the top. Our Founding Fathers weren't 'Poly Sci" graduates, they were every day folks that worked hard, that knew what the real world was like...far too many in politics today are "living the dream" based on what they learned in books, and while their rich parents foot the bill. I'm not saying there aren't some politicians that took a hard road to the top, but damn it, the slew of politicians I'm seeing nowadays don't know what it's like for an every day American to take care of a family. They've proven that for years by not realizing that it's impossible to live working for minimum wage...

I could go on and on, but it's putting me in a bad mood
laugh.gif
Just offer up some people that aren't talking about "change" but that know how to make things better, that know what it's like for middle America to work and live in the USA...when Americans are faced with "voting for the best of the worst", we all lose...

Back