Splitting Traffic

webbashl

Registered
I have been finding myself splitting traffic quite regularly. For example four lane highway two cars side by side and neither one letting up to let traffic go by and split them in the middle. Not proud of it but have got to the point where I'm sick of people's driving. I'm really going to try and not do it any more just because I think it's a obnoxious move and not safe. Anyone else do this?

Whenever the traffic calls for it. Not illegal in California if done correctly and a must do in heavy traffic. All states should allow it in high traffic congestion areas to alleviate the flow of traffic. I do NOT want to be the motorcycle in a bumper sandwich either.

legal in California... i had a personal rule that as long as traffic was below 25mph i would split... anything higher i would merge in and go with the flow. Plus i'd only do it on the freeway, rarely on 2 lane highways...

Knock yourself out.

Splitting traffic is necessary, just watch for cops in marked and unmarked cruisers.

Cellphone happy cagers will sell you out to them, I've had some lousy side by side drivers call me into the Texas authorities at one time.

I think that lane splitting should be legal everywhere and not confined to California.

I find that you can get between them and they won't even notice you, so make it quick.

Knock yourself out.

Splitting traffic is necessary, just watch for cops in marked and unmarked cruisers.

Cellphone happy cagers will sell you out to them, I've had some lousy side by side drivers call me into the Texas authorities at one time.

I think that lane splitting should be legal everywhere and not confined to California.

I find that you can get between them and they won't even notice you, so make it quick.
Yeah I have worried about someone calling me in and/or really pissing someone off and they try to start confrontation with there vehicle.

Lane splitting is a very bad idea. Can be very dangerous. Yes, I've done it in the past and probably will do it again

Not legal in Texas
yeah, but neither is speeding or wheelies, but does that stop you?
i personally have only done it 1 or 2 times, thats all
LOL!!
umnik.gif
to answer those first 2 question
shutup.gif
laugh.gif

Not legal in Texas
yeah, but neither is speeding or wheelies, but does that stop you?
i personally have only done it 1 or 2 times, thats all
I do it all the time when I have access to a two wheeler.

Yes, people will be pissed off at you, but assuming that you split lanes because you were in a hurry while riding in congested traffic, the odds are that you'll be long gone before the Five-O is anywhere close enough to respond.

Cagers are so frustrated at the freedom we have as riders so they naturally want to control us like they control other cagers by doing the ten minute pass.

I have lane shared on two lane highways while buses and semis were coming and going. I have run between semis just for the kick. Call me crazy but it is only scary if you allow fear to take over. Would they really close the gap while you are in it? Highly unlikely.

Then again, I do seek adrenaline like my very own built in supply of drugs. Friends that I have ridden with can't comprehend my degree of confidence, to them it may seem wreckless but it sure is exhilarating and I get throughwell enough. Sometimes I feel like if I don't shrug my shoulders I'll rub them on the other vehicles panels.

Utilize the Busa's power in first or second and your are out of danger in an instant.

I used to do it years ago when I was in the Corps in Cal. Had a Goldwing. Didn't do it a lot but sometimes you almost had to just to get around. No were else though

I do it on occasion. And by the way, if a cager calls the cops on you for doing it, and the cop pulls you over 5 miles down the road, guess what? he cant write you the ticket because he didnt see you do it. or, if he DOES write you the ticket, take it to court and ask the cop if he actually saw you doing it. When he says "no" you'll walk.

Back