Hannah Montana and the journey to get there...

DNGrumpy

Sometimes Dopey fits too
Donating Member
Registered
So I booked a trip to Disney in FL for the week before XMas way back in March, we leave on Tuesday. I have a 9 year old daughter who just loves HM and would kill to go to the concert. Well when they announced when the local show was it falls while we are in FL. So we decided to go to Long Island instead. Yeah right, You cannot buy those legally unless you have a damn zip code in the region and what these things are selling for online or anywhere is insane. The chance to buy tickets legally for the Rochester, NY show popped up (350 miles each way from home). My wife scored good seats at $57 each...

Well the show is today at 4pm and we are in Rochester even though it took 10 hours to get here in the damn blizzard that has swallowed the northeast. We booked a local hotel and left at 6pm yesterday to get here. I hit snow at around 9:45 and the speed dropped to like 30MPH on I-90. Shortly there after I swapped to 4X4 and cut my mileage in half to like 7 MPG...

Oh well, as long as they don't cancel the show because of the weather...

Oh yeah, I plow and had to hire somebody at $50 an hour to cover my route back at home. It is 11am it's been snowing since 5am there and my most important customer has called 3 times to complain because the guy has not been there yet... WTF???

Anybody want to cover 12 stops for the next week if it snows again
banghead.gif

But, my daughter will be smiling at some point and I will only have to endure 10 more hours of nonstop XMas music on XM on the way home.
argue.gif
banghead.gif

I have a headache

banghead.gif

Blah blah blah! Dave have a nice ride home, ive got to go to work!

Left there at 6pm and got home at 3:45am took a nap till 4:30 and then went and plowed... UUUcccckkkkkk

yeah, well evidently living in LI doesnt do shid for you, my girlfriend tried to get tickets...called 3mins after they opened the lines and could only get 2.  Called right back and couldnt get any
banghead.gif

you can however aquire them on ebay for $1000+ that afternoon... WTF?  thought that was why ticketmaster did all that area code/distance bull
bs.gif

My wife joined the fanclub and they emailed out a second chance offer for tickets after all the crap happened. That is how we got ours... And not my music or generation but overall that was a pretty good concert. The place was packed and everybody left there happy...

Back