Santa - I need some help

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
One of the toys that a member sent to me to help you spread the Christmas Cheer is sort of specific; well let's put it al out there; it is a brand new Red GiPro. Here is the issue, it is the S01 model, which means the harnes is around 12 inches shorter than the S02 specifically marketed for the busa. Here is my dilema. I don't know where this should go. I want to send this to someone who will acually use it. I want to send this to someone who is deserving. I want to send this to someone or Christmas.

Any thoughts? BTW - if anyone besides Santa is reading this, I will take suggestions from anyone here.

Thanks,
MCM

bowdown.gif
That will make someone a nice present..
whistling.gif

Not throwing my name out there, but have been looking at GiPros lately. Never realized there was a difference in the cable length. Good info, Shawn. I know someone will enjoy it!

From the GIPro website:
GSX-R600 (2001-2008), GSX-R750 (1998-2008), GSX-R1000 (2001-2008),
GSX1400 (2001-2008), SV1000 (2003-2008), TL1000R/S (1998-2003), B-King (2008

That may help somehow.

Hey MC,

How about whoever gets it has to donate a toy to a needy kid to make a better Christmas!

Just a thought

Thank you to the donating member.
thumb_up.gif

I have no requests on file at this time for that gift however, someone here in good standing should qualify.

Shawn, at this time it's you and the members making this decision.
bump.gif

Santa

From the GIPro website:
GSX-R600 (2001-2008), GSX-R750 (1998-2008), GSX-R1000 (2001-2008),
GSX1400 (2001-2008), SV1000 (2003-2008), TL1000R/S (1998-2003), B-King (2008

That may help somehow.
Yep, contacted HealTec, (the manufacturer) and asked abot the differencs between the S01 and S02; the only difference is the cable length.

Shawn, I would be happy (at no charge) to extend the cable for whomever might end up with it.
Jason,
That is awesome - I was thinking of doing it as well, but wanted whoever got it to see it brandnew first; do me a favor and send me your addy; I will get it to whoever gets th GiPro and if they want, they can send it to you.

Simple extensions shouldn't be too bad to do. I have done several sets of intenally wires aftermarket handle bars for Yamaha Warriors. Staggered connections, soldered and sealed and heat shrink tubed.

Merry Christmas everyone...

Not to be greedy or selfish, but I do a ton of wheelies, ride curvy mountain roads daily in season, and it was the darn stock dampener that failed me ,on my Christmas Eve day crash of 05. (recovered 2 full out tank slappers to be hit and then high-sided by the 3rd)
Plus I have a 100% stock bike besides center stand and tank bra, so I could use a safety performance modification.

Thanks for listening.

Your lone Hayabusa.org Vermont member,

Timmyduck

Lets see, if I could get Santa to send that to me, I could tell her I need a new 08 now because it won't fit my old and slow 05.

Just kidding, I love my 05.

Back