been a long three weeks

Dan

Married to HRH Grammy
Donating Member
Registered
The Tuesday before Thanksgiving my wife's neck was hurting and we noticed a bump so we went to one of the urgent care services. The doctor said she had a "nodule" on her thyroid and that it was probably just an infection, they ran a blood tests which came back clean. The doctor then said they were going to run a thyroid test and that she should see her doctor and an endocrinologist. We see her doctor the day after Thanksgiving and she orders 6 more blood tests, a sonogram and a nuclear scan. We spend the week and a half going to the hospital for tests, all of which come back clean so her doc orders a biopsy on Tuesday. We got the results yesterday and she has Papillary Thyroid cancer. Her doc wants the thyroid removed before the holidays so we meet the surgeon on Tuesday and hopefully we will be done with this before Christmas.

We haven't told our kids yet but are going to this evening.

Dude that Sux sorry to hear this hope every thing goes well for her and your family is in our Prayers

How old are your kids? Man terrible news just before the holidays... it is terrible shock Prayers sent...

Thanks for the kind words, it's been a long and emotional 24 hours.

Kids are 21 (girl), 18 (boy) and 14 (boy). Our youngest is mildly autistic so we are trying to figure out what to tell him.

Oh, that's awful news at any time, but especially during the Holidays. Had a friend go through that last year and thankfully is doing much better now. The healing process is rather slow. You all will definitely be in my thoughts.

please.gif
Your family is in our prayers. Godspeed.

Very sad news but I'm keeping you in my heart.

I hope everything turns out okay.

--Wag--

Prayers coming Timmer.....I'll be on my knees shortly Brother......and tell that expensive doctor to get it right THE FIRST TIME...and he best do it WELL......

Guys I cannot tell you how much the kind words, thougths and prayers mean to Diana and I.  I had to shut the door to my office to "compose" myself while reading this.

It's been said before and it will be said again, "the org" is the finest group of people I've had the pleasure of being associated with.  
bowdown.gif

-Dan

Back