Back from the dark ages

BusaWhipped

Donating Member
Registered
The ice took out our power from Monday night through yesterday evening. The house is insulated well, only drops about 1 degree an hour. Without power for fans, the fireplace only heated the one room. We cooked breakfast yesterday in the garage on the camp stove. The ice melted off by lunch time, so we were able to use the gas grill on the patio for lunch and diner. There were a couple of teasers with the power coming on for a few minutes then going out again before it came on for good, so I left all of the electronics unplugged for the night.

This is the first time in 7 years at this house that we lost power, so I really wasn't prepared for it. But this was easy compared to when we lived on the farm and would lose power for a week at a time at least once a year. Not sure what happened. All of the utilities run underground through our development, which is why we don't normally have outages. The feeder lines outside the gates are above ground though.

Glad things are okay for you, Dennis. Still have a few thousand people here without power.

clap.gif
beerchug.gif

Power is good
cool.gif

why didn't you let me know?
argue.gif
i have had power the entire time and you know you are more than welcome here!!! i'm sure Trish would have liked for you to at least get a hot shower
laugh.gif

why didn't you let me know?
argue.gif
i have had power the entire time and you know you are more than welcome here!!!  i'm sure Trish would have liked for you to at least get a hot shower
laugh.gif
It was only for a day.  The power co was pretty good at giving us a ballpark for when the crews would get it back on.  If it would have been longer, I would called. About the shower
laugh.gif
when we lived on the farm, no power = no water since we had a well on the property run off the house power. Wifey didn't realize that as long as the water company had power we'd have water. It may be cold, but it would flow. She was filling jugs before the pressure ran out so we would have some for the day
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back