it's time for the government
to take down the bird feeder.

beerchug.gif
That is the smartest post You have ever had Yama ! J/K

wait. Aren't WE the government? ? oh oh oh that's right. BAHAHHAHHAHAHAHA

Awesome post
clap.gif
clap.gif

I'm really aprehensive about the next election though. both sides are pandering to the illegals... and if I'm not mistaken, the majority of US want the problem resolved and the illegals to get in line properly (but get out in the meantime).

clap.gif

If I live in any country and I am legitimately unable to work and the government won't help me out then what good is that country to me? The problem is you should only put the birdfeeder out when snow covers the ground. That way you help the birds out when they really need it but as soon as the snow melts and they can get to their normal food supply, the bird feeder gets yanked! The problem is the government never yanks the feeder. Now how a non-American gets American citizen benefits still boggles my mind. Good analogy though.

I agree. Yes, our ancestors all came from some other places, but you have to say "no more" sometime. We our over crowded and can't support more people. Sorry folks, but if you haven't made it by now, you missed the boat! Why does everyone want to come here? How come they aren't lined up to get into other countries? Maybe because we bend over backwards for everyone else. We don't tell anybody "no", and we can sue each other over anything. Just my 2c.

too much focus on "illegals" drawing the benefits... what about the multi-generation citizens that rather drop outta school,crank out a bunch of kids, and/ or deal dope and get rewarded by government funding? I've always been close to the bottom rung and see a lot... most of the people that I've met that are on assistance are healthy and lazy that know how to work the system. I know a lot of hispanics that have gone through the proper channels and when they were really in need of help... they were denied. two of them because thier truck was too new, all worked construction and were laid off. my cousin from Scotland got married to my brother in law, went through the proper channels to come over here... thousands of dollars later got a visa to stay, got pregnant, my brother in law got laid off, her ssn was frozen and work auth. denied to prove he could support her, and to top that off...assistance was denied... she only was a resident. the media makes it seem like illegals have it made, maybe some do, most don't. it's just easier to blame some one else that to shine the light on our own. oh well, life goes on.
argue.gif

any ways... great analogy, I enjoyed the read
beerchug.gif

Now let's see .
1) Our government gives out
free food, subsidized housing,
free medical care, and free
education and allows anyone
born here to be an automatic
citizen.

2) Then the illegals came by the
tens of thousands. Suddenly
our taxes went up to pay for
free services; small apartments
are housing 5 families; you
have to wait 6 hours to be seen
by an emergency room doctor;
your child's 2nd grade class is
behind other schools because
over half the class doesn't speak
English.

3) Corn Flakes now come in a
bilingual box; I have to
"press one" to hear my bank
talk to me in English, and
people waving flags other
than "Old Glory" are
squawking and screaming
in the streets, demanding
more rights and free liberties.

Just my opinion, but maybe
1) I'd like to see a study that says the illegal immigrants are getting more free food, subsidized housing, medical care and education than non-illegal immigrants. Heck, make it a disproportionate amount. I think there are a lot more "American's" raking the system than "illegals".

2) Taxes went up because we need to pay for this war which has cost us already over $500 BILLION. Whether you think it's right or wrong, we have to pay for it somehow. Why are the super rich given tax breaks? Taxes did not go up because of illegal immigrants. One apartment is housing 5 families? Then that would say they are using less resources than five families having to pay for five apartments.

Our medical situation (including medicaid and medicare) is a mess. The wait you have to endure has next to nothing to do with illegal immigrants. Healthcare is skyrocketing because of insurance companies, doctors and litigation happy attorneys. Closer to home for us would be squids.

Classrooms - blame this "No Child Left Behind" where my kids are being taught how to pass a test rather than an education.

3) What's wrong with bi-lingualism? Most of the rest of the world is bi- or tri-lingual. Why are we in the US so stuck on "my way of the highway"? Sheesh. Grow up and become part of a global economy. You don't like you're bank catering to hispanics with "press 1 for English"? Change banks. It's a free country. But you know what, they are following the #1 rule of great American Capitalism - maximize profits.

I'm probably in the minority, but we have much bigger problems than illegal immigrants. I know a few "illegals" and they contribute more than they take. Stop blaming others. Even if it is the "American Way".

---before you get excited about that last statement, look at all the caution stickers on your bike, medication and toys. Every one sues now. Take a pill and everything will be ok - you'll lose weight, have a bigger john, be more satisfying in bed, have bigger boobs, be smarter and will get rich quick. And if you don't, it's because someone else was out to get you and deny you your rights and freedoms. Let's blame someone. Anyone. But ourselves.

Now let's see .
citizen.

English.

bilingual box; I have to
than "Old Glory" are
squawking and screaming

1) I'd like to see a study that says the illegal immigrants are getting more free food, subsidized housing, medical care and education than non-illegal immigrants. Heck, make it a disproportionate amount. I think there are a lot more "American's" raking the system than "illegals".

2) Taxes went up because we need to pay for this war which has cost us already over $500 BILLION. Whether you think it's right or wrong, we have to pay for it somehow. Why are the super rich given tax breaks? Taxes did not go up because of illegal immigrants. One apartment is housing 5 families? Then that would say they are using less resources than five families having to pay for five apartments.

Our medical situation (including medicaid and medicare) is a mess. The wait you have to endure has next to nothing to do with illegal immigrants. Healthcare is skyrocketing because of insurance companies, doctors and litigation happy attorneys. Closer to home for us would be squids.

Classrooms - blame this "No Child Left Behind" where my kids are being taught how to pass a test rather than an education.

3) What's wrong with bi-lingualism? Most of the rest of the world is bi- or tri-lingual. Why are we in the US so stuck on "my way of the highway"? Sheesh. Grow up and become part of a global economy. You don't like you're bank catering to hispanics with "press 1 for English"? Change banks. It's a free country. But you know what, they are following the #1 rule of great American Capitalism - maximize profits.

I'm probably in the minority, but we have much bigger problems than illegal immigrants. I know a few "illegals" and they contribute more than they take. Stop blaming others. Even if it is the "American Way".

---before you get excited about that last statement, look at all the caution stickers on your bike, medication and toys. Every one sues now. Take a pill and everything will be ok - you'll lose weight, have a bigger john, be more satisfying in bed, have bigger boobs, be smarter and will get rich quick. And if you don't, it's because someone else was out to get you and deny you your rights and freedoms. Let's blame someone. Anyone. But ourselves.
In response to each point.

1) Yes, Americans abuse the system. However, there are two points to be made. First and foremost... they are American. Second is that this abuse is a separate issue that has to be handled in a different way. The issue of illegals abusing the system is "easier" to fix by deporting them or refusing them access to those systems.

2) Five families in one apartment might be using fewer resources (only) in terms of housing. However, they use basically the same amount of resources in every other facet of life. Now, add to that, that property values plummet in areas that a single family dwelling is occupied by 5 families AND that rather than each of those 5 families paying rent for 5 separate dwellings they are only paying for a single dwelling. Top it off with the state which that dwelling is left typically and there is a HUGE loss to the owner of the property which someone has to make up for eventually.

Classrooms - completely disagree. My children went to a school in a lower income area for a single year. They were the only 3 white boys in the school. There were only a handful of African American kiddos in the school. The Hispanic population in the school was split three ways. Those who spoke only Spanish, those who spoke only English, and those who spoke both. The problem is that we CATER to the Spanish speaking community. We allow them to earn ENGLISH credits, by teaching them English as we are able in a SPANISH speaking class (very similar to what we call the "English" class) when they can't even speak English. "No Child Left Behind" has one issue and one issue only - each child has the ability to push the pause button for the whole class. It causes children to stop being individuals and become a collective. It rewards the teacher for a job well done not the children for learning. It also only punishes the teacher for the "poor performance" of children who are sometimes impossible to teach.

3) Being able to speak both languages IS NOT the issue. If you travel anywhere in Europe you have two options. Speak the local language or suffer through speaking to people who may or may not speak English. Sure, there are signs in English everywhere. There are people everywhere that speak English. But, remind me...what war did the Mexican army win on American soil after we invaded the rest of the world? Because that is the reason that Western Europe is proliferated by the English language. The reason that Belgium, for example, speaks French and German is both due to proximity and war. The reason that Quebec Canada speaks English and French is due to that territory being settled by those nations. So, I guess the question is this: Are we losing a war or are we being settled?

As far as all the excitement goes. I don't think we, average Americans, are blaming things on illegals that aren't theirs to own. The fact is, when you call a GOVERNMENT phone line, you press 1 for English and 2 for Spanish (or have to wait through the Spanish instructions to get to the English system). The fact is, the economy is in a slump for a multitude of reasons yet we pay people who are not supposed to be here unemployment benefits, food stamps, and the like. It's hysterical to me that people who shouldn't be here, shouldn't have a voice, and shouldn't be worried about anything other than getting away with being here and not getting caught ARE ON THE STREETS AND IN THE NEWS screaming about their rights and how OUR government should change for them?!?!

I would challenge you or anyone else to live abroad without the proper papers in order. You'd either find yourself living on the streets, deported or in jail.

America was supposed to be governed by the people. Looking the other way on this topic by "we the people", is not a solution. Hindsight is 20/20. Foresight is wisdom. I'd rather not see clearly what has happened but rather guess at what the fallout might be and prevent that.

Now let's see .
citizen.

English.

bilingual box; I have to
than "Old Glory" are
squawking and screaming

---before you get excited about that last statement, look at all the caution stickers on your bike, medication and toys. Every one sues now. Take a pill and everything will be ok - you'll lose weight, have a bigger john, be more satisfying in bed, have bigger boobs, be smarter and will get rich quick. And if you don't, it's because someone else was out to get you and deny you  your rights and freedoms. Let's blame someone. Anyone. But ourselves.
In response to each point.

1) Yes, Americans abuse the system. However, there are two points to be made.  First and foremost... they are American.  Second is that this abuse is a separate issue that has to be handled in a different way.  The issue of illegals abusing the system is "easier" to fix by deporting them or refusing them access to those systems.

2) Five families in one apartment might be using fewer resources (only) in terms of housing.  However, they use basically the same amount of resources in every other facet of life.  Now, add to that, that property values plummet in areas that a single family dwelling is occupied by 5 families AND that rather than each of those 5 families paying rent for 5 separate dwellings they are only paying for a single dwelling.  Top it off with the state which that dwelling is left typically and there is a HUGE loss to the owner of the property which someone has to make up for eventually.

Classrooms - completely disagree.  My children went to a school in a lower income area for a single year.  They were the only 3 white boys in the school.  There were only a handful of African American kiddos in the school.  The Hispanic population in the school was split three ways.  Those who spoke only Spanish, those who spoke only English, and those who spoke both.  The problem is that we CATER to the Spanish speaking community.  We allow them to earn ENGLISH credits, by teaching them English as we are able in a SPANISH speaking class (very similar to what we call the "English" class) when they can't even speak English. "No Child Left Behind" has one issue and one issue only - each child has the ability to push the pause button for the whole class.  It causes children to stop being individuals and become a collective.  It rewards the teacher for a job well done not the children for learning.  It also only punishes the teacher for the "poor performance" of children who are sometimes impossible to teach.

3) Being able to speak both languages IS NOT the issue.  If you travel anywhere in Europe you have two options.  Speak the local language or suffer through speaking to people who may or may not speak English.  Sure, there are signs in English everywhere.  There are people everywhere that speak English.  But, remind me...what war did the Mexican army win on American soil after we invaded the rest of the world?  Because that is the reason that Western Europe is proliferated by the English language.  The reason that Belgium, for example, speaks French and German is both due to proximity and war.  The reason that Quebec Canada speaks English and French is due to that territory being settled by those nations.  So, I guess the question is this:  Are we losing a war or are we being settled?

As far as all the excitement goes.  I don't think we, average Americans, are blaming things on illegals that aren't theirs to own.  The fact is, when you call a GOVERNMENT phone line, you press 1 for English and 2 for Spanish (or have to wait through the Spanish instructions to get to the English system).  The fact is, the economy is in a slump for a multitude of reasons yet we pay people who are not supposed to be here unemployment benefits, food stamps, and the like.  It's hysterical to me that people who shouldn't be here, shouldn't have a voice, and shouldn't be worried about anything other than getting away with being here and not getting caught ARE ON THE STREETS AND IN THE NEWS screaming about their rights and how OUR government should change for them?!?!

I would challenge you or anyone else to live abroad without the proper papers in order.  You'd either find yourself living on the streets, deported or in jail.

America was supposed to be governed by the people.  Looking the other way on this topic by "we the people", is not a solution.  Hindsight is 20/20. Foresight is wisdom.  I'd rather not see clearly what has happened but rather guess at what the fallout might be and prevent that.
+1,000,000

I couldn't have said it better myself.

I bought a bird feeder. I hung
it on my back porch and filled
it with seed. What a beauty of
a bird feeder it is, as I filled it
lovingly with seed. Within a
week we had hundreds of birds
taking advantage of the
continuous flow of free and
easily accessible food.
But then the birds started