Going home to a dark cold home....

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Looks like the ice is taking its toll. Our entire city is without power and more ice coming tonight..... The wife called a little bit ago and said that the power is off, I guess its gonna be a cold night......

Emails and PM's will be effected !

I saw on the news today that OK was being slammed with an ice storm
sad.gif

Yikes...power up the generator and keep everyone cozy!!

You are welcome to load them up and come over to my house. Better make sure I have electricity when I get home first.

This outage graph from today is not too promising. Lineman crews everywhere and the numbers are rising.

oge.gif

Well..... I just called my house and the answering machine did not pick up.... not a good sign!

i guess that i am lucky so far most all of tulsa is out and i live just south of tulsa, and we still have power for now. i feel for everyone right now that doesnt

I'm surprised you guys(doug,rick) dont have generators. I pictured you 2 folks as being about the most prepared on the planet.Probably fug all I can do,which pisses me off to no end,but I wish you the best possible time thru this ugly winter season.

RSD.

best wishes for a bearable night capt'. everyone sleep in one room to keep the heat in is all i could think of. sincere best capt.

Thoughts and prayers are with you guys and your familys to have at least a warm,safe nite.Hope things are repaired quickly. Looks like we're in line next,wait & see.

My mother and father-in-law are also out of power.
sad.gif

They have 3 horses that drink a lot of water and they'll be out of horse water on Wednesday. They figure they might have to make water runs to shelters to fill the horse tubs up.

Luckily they have a fireplace and plenty of firewood so they can stay warm.

Has anyone heard of any estimates or websites on power restoration? Their zip code is 74851 and they have Canadian Valley for their electric cooperative.

I just talked with Doug - he's gotten lucky and has power again!

The ice storm is heading to Wichita and KC!! KC is expecting 1.0" or more if ice!! Wichita is expecting around 1.5". KS-waterbug may hafta change his name to KS-icebug!

Just heard 500,000  
wowold.gif
(that's correct 500,000) homes in Oklahoma without Power. Seems it's all South of a line from Bartlesville (north of Tulsa) through Ok City and down through Lawton into Texas. Here up North, we just got rain  
thumb_up.gif
and only a trace of ice
thumb_down.gif
. Hope your power comes on Soon CPT. Couple of years ago I got a generator (run by the gas line) that comes on when the electricity is off for 5 min.s and cuts off again after the electricity is restored after 15 min.s. Runs everything (except you can't run everything with air conditioning) with no problems
ThumbsUp.gif
. Makes winter power offs, NOT A PROBLEM. And the neighbors can come over to stay warm (of course they all gather around the fire place - I have NO IDEA
idea3.gif
why  
dunno.gif
- must be a Brain Thing
winkold.gif
  )

that sucks. I guess our heat wave is tearing you guys up. Stay warm and safe everyone

We have been iced in since Friday. Fortunately, I can work from home so I didn't need to brave it. So far we've only been without power for a few minutes here and there.

Moving our way, but all seems well so far. Crews will be working overtime and I hope they get your power back on quickly.

Back