Vic got 23 Months

nitrousjunkie

60 Years Young And Still On A Busa!
Donating Member
Registered
I hope he rots and gets......But then again I'm a dog lover so what do I know?

firedevil.gif

I saw a shirt the other day which read: Kill them all and let God sort them out.

I would have bought it, but there was only one, which wasn't my size. Too bad...

I know it's not original material, but kewl, just the same.

His lawyers were pretty smart having him turn himself in early. With time off for good behavior and time served he should definitely be back in the NFL before 2010. Love dogs myself, so he definitely got off light.

One of those usless people that he hangs around should have taken the fall for that. He could be out there making money in the NFL while a cousin sat his time out and he could have easily taken care of him when he got out.
I'd sit out 23 months for ya for a couple million $$$$.
Now he's gotta do the time and make NO money while he's gone.
Those loosers are gonna go thru his money while he's sitting.
Never the less, I hope he doesn't have a career to come back to when he gets out.
They should also make him fight every day while he's locked up.

He didn't kill people... I love my dogs but bad judgment should not ruin a guy's life. There are people that have done worse and still been able to play and make better. Anyone remember what that Ray Lewis guy did?
rock.gif

Glad someone agrees I was waiting to get roasted on this one....
I'm with you man because I am a dog lover too.

Mankind has been exploiting animals for our entertainment for many millenia and this is no different than what happens in Spanish Arenas with Matadores.

For that matter the good old English tradition of the "Fox Hunt" is as terrible a thing that can be done to the members of the Canine family.

Add to that the ongoing killing of wolves in Yellowstone and other Department of Land Management areas.

Mike Vick sure did some dumb shid by jeapordizing his carrier on such a sensitive activity. PETA and various other groups made sure he was villified and capitalized on this fiasco in order to strike fear into many a dogfighting aficionado.

What about cockfighting?

Or how about more mainstream stuff like what happens to racing dogs and horses if they don't muster up? I guess the fact the purveyors of those sports are rich good ol' boys makes it a gentleman's sport with brutal circumstances.

He didn't kill people... I love my dogs but bad judgment should not ruin a guy's life. There are people that have done worse and still been able to play and make better. Anyone remember what that Ray Lewis guy did?
rock.gif
I agree...what kills me is that others are still doing this, being caught and convicted and not being used to "set an example" the way they'll do this with Vick...don't get me wrong, he did wrong and I'm a dog lover myself, but I'd feel much better if I knew every guy/gal caught doing the same would face the same charges, but they won't...most "cruelty to animals" cases barely get a slap...the media and judicial system thinks they're setting some example with Vick. Prove it by jailing 'em all...they won't...

rock.gif
I agree...what kills me is that others are still doing this, being caught and convicted and not being used to "set an example" the way they'll do this with Vick...don't get me wrong, he did wrong and I'm a dog lover myself, but I'd feel much better if I knew every guy/gal caught doing the same would face the same charges, but they won't...most "cruelty to animals" cases barely get a slap...the media and judicial system thinks they're setting some example with Vick.  Prove it by jailing 'em all...they won't...
Justice is supposed to be blind & fair.

He should have gotten the same punishment as
you or I would have gotten. No more, no less.

They are dogs, in this case not even "good" dogs.
They state kills dogs like those by the thousands.
And if you think every one of those was done humanely
WAKE UP.

Prison time should be for those that are a DANGER
to society. To the best of my knowledge Vick was a
danger to no one.
We are no safer with him behind bars than with him
sitting at home. If anything one could say we are
at more risk as he is taking up space that a killer,
rapist, thief should be using.

pirate.gif
Raider out.
P1540

rock.gif
I agree...what kills me is that others are still doing this, being caught and convicted and not being used to "set an example" the way they'll do this with Vick...don't get me wrong, he did wrong and I'm a dog lover myself, but I'd feel much better if I knew every guy/gal caught doing the same would face the same charges, but they won't...most "cruelty to animals" cases barely get a slap...the media and judicial system thinks they're setting some example with Vick.  Prove it by jailing 'em all...they won't...

WAKE UP.

danger to no one.

pirate.gif
 Raider out.
P1540
Justice is neither blind or fair. And prison is also for punishment, not just for the safety of the general population while the bad guy's in custody. As for them being 'bad' dogs, who made them bad? Humans, that's who, and Vick contributed a lot towards them being bad dogs.

I guess if you take out the part about it being dogs...he still broke the law.I guess thats the bottom line.Some laws are good,others seem not so good.I guess if your stoopid enough to get caught,society can do without you for a while.We all break the law everyday,just not too extremely I hope,and not too much in the "public eye".

Break the law,get caught=go to jail. Seems straight forward enough to me.

RSD.

rock.gif
I agree...what kills me is that others are still doing this, being caught and convicted and not being used to "set an example" the way they'll do this with Vick...don't get me wrong, he did wrong and I'm a dog lover myself, but I'd feel much better if I knew every guy/gal caught doing the same would face the same charges, but they won't...most "cruelty to animals" cases barely get a slap...the media and judicial system thinks they're setting some example with Vick. Prove it by jailing 'em all...they won't...

WAKE UP.

danger to no one.

pirate.gif
Raider out.
P1540
Justice is neither blind or fair. And prison is also for punishment, not just for the safety of the general population while the bad guy's in custody. As for them being 'bad' dogs, who made them bad? Humans, that's who, and Vick contributed a lot towards them being bad dogs.
I agree Raider. Look at all the murders who get off with a BS plea. What about Andrea Yates. She is free and she drowned her 5 kids. So are those dogs better than children. I think not. If that had been me with a dog fighting ring, I wouldn't have gotten that time.. No priors that would have been just a slap on the wrist.

He definately deserves the jail time if not more. I'm sure he'll be out before 23months... he's RICH

You can't compare the killing of dogs by the state to the killing of dogs in dog fights. The state didn't buy the dogs, it is not a source of revenue to breeders who breed fighting dogs, the state doesn't offer odds or profit form the killing of dogs. The state has to put them down because NO ONE else will feed and take care of them. You don't like the fact that the state has to kill dogs because they don't have enough money or room, go adopt a dog.

People who fight or raise fighting dogs PROFIT from the death of these dogs. They contribute to the problem over dog overpopulation.

Its like comparing oranges to apples.

He definately deserves the jail time if not more.  I'm sure he'll be out before 23months...   he's RICH

You can't compare the killing of dogs by the state to the killing of dogs in dog fights.  The state didn't buy the dogs, it is not a source of revenue to breeders who breed fighting dogs, the state doesn't offer odds or profit form the killing of dogs.  The state has to put them down because NO ONE else will feed and take care of them.  You don't like the fact that the state has to kill dogs because they don't have enough money or room, go adopt a dog.

People who fight or raise fighting dogs PROFIT from the death of these dogs.  They contribute to the problem over dog overpopulation.

Its like comparing oranges to apples.
I hate when someone types better common sense than me.
cursin.gif

Nice write Charles.Nice write.
thumb_up.gif

RSD.

O.K. the decisions been mad! Now let's take care of the man who brings Drugs into the country! and those who can't make a decisions about illegal alliens!

Back