Nebraska mall shootings

PocketRocket

Donating Member
Registered
Just wondering , your thoughts on the Mall shootings....Its right about the same time that the Gov. has a bill to decide on ( wheather to ban guns in city limits or not, nation wide) .. So lets see there were hundreds, if not a few thousand people in the mall( With no weapons) and 1 idiot with a weapon, HUMMm? Now, instead of baning guns what would have happened if a few good armed citizens were armed? ( Like the good old cowboy days).. Junior with a weapon probably would have thought twice or been taken out by some citizen with a good aim..( Same thing could have been said at the VA. college shooting ( a few armed teachers with some balls could have stopped the studid!!) This is just my opinion!! I think the state of Nebraska should have a law suit against it for banning citizens gun rights.. Citizens do NOT have a right to carry a concealed weapon in that state. YET THE US CONSTITUTION says. " WE have the right to bare arms!! How is that , since the Constitution is the supreme law of the land? The idiot that did the shooting is one good example of what happens when the GOV. acts like its the parents or God.. Yet when you as a parent spank your children YOU go to jail.. I think the country is in a big mess. Kids watching video games , parents not doing their jobs on raising their children correctly and an out of control GOV. that thinks its a God.. People we've lost our Grit!!!!!

My veiw wont be popular but...

at fault:

1. The USA and your lack of gun control.Lets see a kid try an kill that many people with a baseball bat or a 2x4.

2. The kid,obviously fugged up. Bad gene pool,poor parenting,a victim of his own enviroment,blah blah blah.

3. The parents.I think most parents know more than they let on.I think they just hope that "it will go away,or fix itself on its own". Some think its just a phase,like listening to heavy metal music or dressing like Marilyn Manson.

Get the guns off the street,thats where I would start if I was Pres.
I know,its part of your constitution and heritage,blah blah blah. But shouldn't a country always attempt to grow and move forward in a positive direction?

Rubb's 2 cents.

I agree, at least all things considered, casualties were a lot less than it could have been. it's tragic. at a mininum I'd think they should have liscenced armed guards/ security any where there's a lot of people as a deterrant, but in this case it was all over before anyone could have reacted, kinda like a suicide bomber... no warning till it's too late. the way I look at it, the only way armed citizens could have ended it was if he had shown off the rifle before hand, giving them valuable time to react. statements of a short burst of 5-6 rounds, brief few seconds pause then another 20-25 rounds into the crowd followed by a single shot doesn't leave many gaps to react when suprised. just my .02

I dont think the type of weapon is the issue. Ban guns and they ( The idiots ) will find another way.. 10 one gallon gas cans( Full) in a mall would be nasty or hijack a snow plow and run down a side walk in the city of NY. Because of what one idiot does we shouldnt pass a law against thousands of good people.

I like to hunt and never used an assualt rifle. I think they shound have stricter laws on what type of rifles are legal. The only problem with that is there are a lot of assualt rifles out there already and it would be really difficult to get them all.

The kid needed help. Back and forth through foster care later in life, lost job, lost girl friend, kicked out of house.

I blame the media for glorifying this horrible occurrences.

....the gun is no more to blame than the match used by an arson.
firedevil.gif

The kid needed help.  Back and forth through foster care later in life, lost job, lost girl friend, kicked out of house.

I blame the media for glorifying this horrible occurrences.

....the gun is no more to blame than the match used by an arson.
firedevil.gif
Yes, He needed help. My boss lives next to the ex girl friend. And his sons new him a little. Said he was a nice guy.

He should have been seeing a therapist when the state discharged him.

Carry Conceal would have helped in this situation.... Instead of Ducks at a carnival, it would have been, open season on Bad Guys!
2cents.gif

I would be sueing the Mall for not giving me the right to protect myself/family.....
If they're like the local malls here, were you can't CC on their property!

My veiw wont be popular but...

at fault:

1. The USA and your lack of gun control.Lets see a kid try an kill that many people with a baseball bat or a 2x4.

2. The kid,obviously fugged up. Bad gene pool,poor parenting,a victim of his own enviroment,blah blah blah.

3. The parents.I think most parents know more than they let on.I think they just hope that "it will go away,or fix itself on its own". Some think its just a phase,like listening to heavy metal music or dressing like Marilyn Manson.

Get the guns off the street,thats where I would start if I was Pres.
I know,its part of your constitution and heritage,blah blah blah. But shouldn't a country always attempt to grow and move forward in a positive direction?

Rubb's 2 cents.
Rubbah, DaD... I agree on points 2 and 3. However, point 1 doesn't mean squat. Okay, oulaw guns, make them illegal... Whats that leave? The outlaws with guns. There's still ways to get guns that are illegal. At least leave those of us that are legal a chance.
thumb_up.gif

I like to hunt and never used an assualt rifle.  I think they shound have stricter laws on what type of rifles are legal.  The only problem with that is there are a lot of assualt rifles out there already and it would be really difficult to get them all.
can't blame it on the assault rifles, if he'd have put more thought/ planning in it a simple walmart .22 with a few 10 round mags would've done a lot better, more control. even a cheap pump 12ga. he didn't know how to control the rifle. too many people try to pin it on the firearms and not the sick people who use them.
deadhorse.gif

what makes me the angriest is that the media gave him his wish for being famous for the shooting, they should have just labeled him as an un-named assailant and used the space to honor the victims more.

I like to hunt and never used an assualt rifle.  I think they shound have stricter laws on what type of rifles are legal.  The only problem with that is there are a lot of assualt rifles out there already and it would be really difficult to get them all.
can't blame it on the assault rifles, if he'd have put more thought/ planning in it a simple walmart .22 with a few 10 round mags would've done a lot better, more control. even a cheap pump 12ga. he didn't know how to control the rifle. too many people try to pin it on the firearms and not the sick people who use them.

deadhorse.gif

what makes me the angriest is that the media gave him his wish for being famous for the shooting, they should have just labeled him as an un-named assailant and used the space to honor the victims more.
EXACTLY!!!!!!!

Simple
winkold.gif
, who's at fault
dunno.gif
, THAT LITTLE SNOT NOSE KID; who was and has been on drugs for years. Became a real all time loser  in life (your really low life if you can't keep a job at Big Mac's), and just didn't give a crapola about anyone else except himself ( I can just hear him saying, "Me, Me, Me" that's all that matters"). The real sign of an All Time Loser was that he KILLED himself. Geezzzzzzz he couldn't even take responsibility for what he had just done.

And as far as firearms
guns.gif
, well, they're just as easy to get as Drugs. So anyone saying that's the problem just isn't living in the REAL WORLD or USA or CANADA for that matter
rant.gif

I like the idea of using the Unnamed Assailant protocol for future similar events. It wood take the foolish gloryhounds out of the picture when they won't even get their fame trying a stunt like that.

guns don't kill people...period. people kill people, whether they are behind the wheel of a car, stabbing someone with a knife, pushing them down the stairs or throwing ninja stars, whatever...people make choices and no matter what happens, someone will always find a way to do harm if they want to. I carry a gun everywhere I go because of situations like this...if some idiot decides to start shooting up the place, I will defend my family, my life and those around me by gladly putting a bullet between his eyes, no hesitation, no remorse...

We blame everyone but the azz that pulled the trigger
we make him out to be the victim. Why not just ban all
gun ownership in the U.S cuz we all know how secure our
borders are. We can't stop people from coming into the
country but we can ban guns. Lets let criminals and cops
be the only ones with guns and after the criminals rape
our wives and kill our kids then we can wait on the cops
to come fill out a report. Ohh I forgot the criminals are
going to turn in there guns when they are banned
wtf.gif

We dont need gun control, we need Idiot control
guns.gif
He used an SKS, I've owned the same gun in the past. You didn't see me going out killing people with it

Back