Paris trip pics - best time of the year to go!

zukracer

I'm somewhere but dont know where
Donating Member
Registered
I took the opportunity to get a week of vacation in with the trips to Europe they have been sending me on recently. I flew my girlfriend over with me, which if anyone ever doubts using miles for things.... 40k miles and a whopping... $53.00 in taxes/fees to fly her here with me
cool.gif

I cashed in some points with Marriott... gotta say it was one of the larger chunks I've used (145k pts) but well worth it. The room was one of the 3 best in the hotel, right on the Champs-Elysees in possibly one of the nicer areas of Paris. The rack rate, get this... $1200 Euro... which at today's exchange rate = ~$1800 a night!
SHOCKED.gif
I've stayed at a lot of nice places, but this was a two story suite with fantastic views.

Here's one of the room, many more pics to come in this thread but the bulk of the pics will be going up on my site sometime in the next few weeks...there's over 1500 of them just from this past week
super.gif

roomdownstairs.JPG

It was the first year they did the blue lights, which were way cool and they turned them on our first night in town
smile.gif

Here's the entrance to the hotel... there was always some guy to open the door and of course say hi, help with bags or whatever ... kinda fancy pants, I'm used to carrying my own shid
blush.gif

hotelentrance.JPG

Here's one of the Louvre... was about a 3/4 mile down the hill
cool.gif

louvre1.JPG

and another... the famous pyramid and fountains with the girlfriend chillin out on the side before we went in
beerchug.gif

louvre2.JPG

As a HUGE surprise, they were allowing pics in all areas of the place... fuggin amazing... you really have no clue how big big is until you go someplace like this
bowdown.gif

louvre3.JPG

and really... when I say big.. an average size person could be in this painting and be in scale
wowold.gif

louvre4.JPG

Of course we did the touristy stuff... cuz I had never been to Paris and always wanted to go... so we did all the things they say you "have to do".... I can update that list for ya... there's some things that you dont wanna spend your $$ on
winkold.gif

Here's one from the Effiel Tower. You hear its big... holy crap its HUGE

tower1.JPG

Here's one from the first floor... 95meters from the ground.

tower2.JPG

Love the pictures.. Looks like you had a blast. All work and now finally someplay, life is good.

When I say its a great time to come here... look at how empty it was... that was at like 2pm on a tuesday.... during the summer I'm told you'd need to throw elbows to get some room to get a pic

Here's one of the military training place... I forget the exact name but its really old... from the first floor

tower2a.JPG

Thx Sonny! Yeah, its definitely time for some play, though I'm back in Germany now doing the work again.

Heres the same view from the 2nd floor. Its a bit higher... same zoom level (none) of the same spot

tower3.JPG

When they say its tall.. they arent kidding. It takes almost 2mins (1m40sec) to get from the 2nd floor to the 3rd floor. I gotta tell you it was a little daunting to think about goin up there but here's what it looked like to look up at the top from the 2nd floor.

tower4.JPG

Of course we went down and had dinner and took a river cruise... as a tip for saving some coin... dont do the dinner cruises... they are a rip.

River cruise, 10Euro
Dinner on the side of the river, 15Euro
Dinner cruise- from 95Euro

thats per person... so in USD take the Euro x 1.5

They light the tower up nicely at night... every hour they do a strobe light show too
cool.gif

tower5a.JPG

Here's the strobe light ... I have some video of it, the picture doesnt do it justice

tower5.JPG

Here's a view from the 3rd floor... its over 1000' up... holy crap it was high and to say it was moving... well yeah it was moving, you could feel it
wowold.gif

tower3b.JPG

And to complete the motorhead section
laugh.gif

Anyone have any idea what type of BMW this is? I think they'd sell nicely in cities here
cool.gif

bmw.JPG

Back