some pictures of scotland

black_angel

Registered
here are some pictures i have taken of a place called glenelg. glenelg has also been lucky enough to be referred to as tir nan og, Land of Eternal Youth (you wont believe your eyes). it is a magical place.
   so much so that even i, who only ever went there for 3 weeks holiday in the summer (every summer), was treated to some awesome magic. it went like this. down the pub one night for a few pints (not too many) afterwards we went back to anns house. couple of other girls (the macphersons) came round and before long they were giving me a lift home (the old hostel at Quarry).
         so they dropped me off at the gate, all i had to do was open the gate, walk a hundred yards up thru the field to the hostel. it was very dark. i knew there was a blue caravan on one side of the hostel and a white on the other. so as i am slowly feeling my way in the direction of the hostel i come across a blue caravan, so i know that if i turn slightly to the right i will be at the hostel. i turn right and continue. i bump into a fence (?). that can't be right! back to the blue caravan try again. nope. long story short. i was in the wrong field. how did i get in the wrong field. by magic (obviously beam me up scottie was what must have happened.
     they keep sheep up in glenelg, and i know that the sheep in either of those 2 fields would not have been able to penetrate the fence. so as i had been only carefully walking i hadn't even seen the fence until Then.
     hopefully i can load these pictures  the first one should be of our old house ravenscraig (not the hostel) and skye in the distance

Picture_044_type_2.jpg

present bike. bit tatty, no thanks to the nieghbours. and you don't have to reply to these. just a bit of gear for you in way of thanks. i know the script.

Img_0073_type_2.jpg

dun telve pictish broch. 12 century. wasn't built in the most picturesque area of glenelg which can only mean it was parked 3 or 4 miles from the coast to escape detection from invaders.

Picture_127_type_3.jpg

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
the old english barracks. expletives.[/quote]

so you are a true Jock
jump9.gif

welcome.gif

Back