Surgery for me in 2 weeks

ibified

Registered
So I'm getting a vasectomy in 2 weeks. Anyone out there already have one? I'm wondering how long I should expect to not be able to lift heavy stuff, etc. Since we're moving soon and I still have stuff to pack, I'm wondering if this is something I should put off until after we move.

Man, that is a "ballsie"
laugh.gif
thing to do... Bronson in fact...

No big deal, had mine done about 4 years ago oon a Friday.
I drove myself into the doctors office, (along with my wife)
Had the procedure done and drove myself back home..
I took that Friday off and returned to work that following Monday.
I was able to return to normal work and life style maybe a week or so after the procedure.
The stiches you get are very small.. I would imagine that as long as you dont really put yourself under heavy strain,
(like trying to benchpress 400lbs) you should be just fine a few days afer the procedure just very sore...

I had mine two months ago. I didn't feel or remember a thing until the next morning, my doc gave me some good drugs. The first week sucks, feels like someone kicked me in the nuts, very sore. Stitches fell out a two weeks later, no probs. Make sur eyou don't do anything the first week, rest, don't lift anything heavy, no sex, careful on the toilet too...good luck.

Its difintly not a good idea to do any heavy lifting for the first week..
As far as sex goes, the doctor will advise you to stay away from your wife for atleast a couple of weeks.. Probably 3...
I only waited about 5 days..  
laugh.gif

I had to make sure things were working...  I was given percaset for pain.. I stoped taking the pain meds after about 3 days, not cause it didn't hurt but because the pain medication had me halucinating..

Been almost 18 years since I had mine done.Done on a friday,back to work on monday.Tender for about a week.

Had one as well... dont care how good you feel after the first couple of days... TAKE IT EASY cause you will pay for it if you dont. Lots of ice and sit around time the first 2 or 3 days and take it easy for about a week after. I had mine done on a Thursday and retured to work on the next Monday.

25 years ago 1 week back to normal...

The others did not tell you but at about the 5th year or so, you will develop "MOOBS" and need breast reduction...
lurk.gif

Ummmmmmmmmmmm, NOT going to happen here!

I'll just use the pull and pray method!

Good luck. I'm sure it was a tough incision...I mean, decision.

beerchug.gif

Had it done 7 years ago. Drove in to the doctors office and drove home. Had it done on Wednesday and back to work on Friday. Definatly watch the lifting for about a week and a half or so. No problems. I have to say it was the best decision.
thumb_up.gif

Back