WORD YO!

yamahor

DEAD MAN WALKING
Donating Member
Registered
Yeah, I'm not much on this "Donk" scene... I see it as taking a perfectly good car and ruining it... But then again, some people see what I like doing as ruining a car or truck... Anywho, here's the pics...

2934764_15_full.jpg

2934764_17_full.jpg

Come down to Miami ... you'll see one on every corner. Its not for looks, its to show how much money you have by putting the biggest wheels on your car.

Yes. Instead of buying a nice car, we buy an old car and put some monster "feet" on 'em. The biggest I've seen so far are 28" wheels valued at around $8,500 on a car similar to what you posted.

PS
My truck still has the stock 18" wheels it came with.
all_coholic.gif

Checkout this link:
CLICK ME!!!

Can't stand that... But I will give them some design cred with the coordination of colors they use.
The original invention of Donk was started by drug dealers pimpin out old boxes with really costly wheels. This was a way for them to display wealth without drawing the attention of the police since the car's actual values were around $800-$1000.

Sheesh! At least they could have turned it into a 4wd stang!
face7.gif

I've read that they actually use the geared hubs from the HMMWV to get the power to the wheels on those things.

Definitely not my scene, but hey, to each his own.

My truck be rollin' on 20's, yo! Oh, wait, that's what it came with...

If I gotta get on a ladder to work on something, I would rather it be something like this:

DSCN2827.JPG

Back