I noticed

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaosccw

Registered
The ignore button is gone on some of the members.
laugh.gif

Now I have to go back to ignoring like I did in the old days, when I helped invent the internet.
banghead.gif

I started to post, but then thought better. the bad part about the ignore function is that sometimes you miss things that are significant.

Nope not read all threads, but you can't be a fire and forget type of guy either... if you can fire a shot across someone's bow in the threads, then don't complain when someone fires one back... if you are not extending the courtesy of communicating with someone in a PM, why would they extend that courtesy to you?

The people I
poke.gif
aren't people that I ignore anyway. It's people that are a 3rd party in the discussion that IMO don't really add anything to it.

Thread Locked

I'll come back and expand after I get through for those that do not know what is going on.

To the other members looking at this wondering what is going on.

There have been complaints regarding some of Kaosccw's posts for some time. It appears when a couple of the Hayabusa.org staff tried to help encourage him to tone it down a bit, Kaosccw used the ignore feature to block their posts from his view.

When he received a warning level on his profile, he was given a verbal version in a public post which he may or may not have seen.  He then posted a thread "what is this"￾ (His posts always seem to show he does know of what is going on but he has the intention of starting public controversy) When we realized the ignore feature blocked could block post by the staff, we changed the configuration to prevent users from being able to use the ignore feature against admin and mod accounts.

Then he posted this thread. Obviously the accounts he could not block would have to have been mod and/or admin accounts.  If he would have just went on, things would be fine. But no, he had to continue to stir the pot and start this thread. Kaosccw was warned both publicly and privately that this lack of respect for the staff and members was not going to be tolerated and he was going to be held to a higher level of scrutiny for a while.    

Kaosccw is getting a three day vacation from posting.  

Normally things like this are carried out behind the scenes and even then it is very rare for it to happen. He seemed to want it all public so here is a very small part of what is going on. Otherwise you as members would only be getting a piece of it and not understand the entire situation.

link to the what is this thread

I don't think much more discussion is needed, but if you do PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back