Drivers Attacked By Motorcycle Riders

Looks like someone finally did something after they got cut off by the cager. THe guy sounded like an ass. When I was in California, it was not uncommon for motorists to loose thier mirrors.

Need to have more details before I say was who was in the wrong.

Why does a 911 call turn into a debate? Even the other driver who called in, the dispatcher was arrogant with her. She told her what exit # they were at then the dispatcher asked what exit is that and where are you. If I say I am 270 north exit 21...they should know exactly where I am.

Even of the driver did something wrong earlier, the driver was fearing for his and his families life and could have took drastic measures.

Damaging another persons property is is against the law.
Seven or more riders damaging aonther person or property is a riot.

Either way I've been seeing a lot more of this in the news and it's giving us a bad rap.

I like how the officer says to get a good description of the suspect... uh, he kinda looked like this...

power_rangers_4__Small_.jpg

Does not say whether they were sport bike riders or cruiser riders. I suppose you assume sport bike because they make mention about stunting, but I rarely see '50' riders on sport bikes. Much more common on cruisers.

Sounds like a bad situation over there... more info would be helpful!

Busawhipped and Semi better have a solid alibi, I always wondered about those two!

While we don't know the whole story.. maybe this will have a trickle down effect with unattentful drivers.

Does not say whether they were sport bike riders or cruiser riders. I suppose you assume sport bike because they make mention about stunting, but I rarely see '50' riders on sport bikes. Much more common on cruisers.

Sounds like a bad situation over there... more info would be helpful!
Sportbikes. If you listen to the call, you can hear one bouncing off the limiter at his window, and the others around it at interstate speed...

guns.gif
This guy sounds like a complete jerk...

He does not sound scared by the bikes, only angry. His daughter is probably crying because he is yelling and being a jerk.
iamwithstupid.gif
He was obviously not too upset as it sounds like he took no further action with the police other than to call and yell at them.
spank.gif

it was on the news all day yesterday...i haven't seen or heard anything new today

drivers in cages in St. Louis are horrible for not paying attention...i have been riding for years and have been run of the road, cut off in traffic, etc. more than anywhere else i have ever ridden...this was one of the main reasons i went to the HID's...people seem to notice me a lot more and it has drastically cut down those problems

we have several groups in the area that basically just run the interstates popping wheelies and showing out...it isn't uncommon to see 30-40 sport bikes running together on the weekends...put that together with a bunch of cages that won't hesitate to swerve over right in front of or into the side of you and it is just a matter of time before something goes wrong

another girl on the news yesterday said that she was harrassed also...her story was that she was driving along being passed by a bunch of motorcycles and she pulled over into the lane in a space between two bikes...she claimed there was a space, she pulled into it, and the bike riders instantly became angry and started yelling and shaking their fists at her for no reason...my guess is she just about ran someone off the road but this is typical driver behavior here

i haven't ridden with very many of the locals...most of them are mall crawlers and the few who have ridden up and asked if they could ride along don't tend to come back for more...i take them out of town through some tight, twisty backroads between the MS and IL rivers and they decide they would rather go back to hanging out with their friends
laugh.gif

Its funny how some of you blame the guy in the car... I've been in the DFW area before in my car when a large group of about 20-30 sport bike riders blocked all lanes of the freeway just so they could stunt on the highway with no traffic in their way. They did this for about 4-5 mins then a bunch of them flew the bird at the cars that were honking their horns and took off. Looking around at the other cars on the highway, you could see at least 10 people on their cell phones. Those riders knew exactly what they were doing. Pissing everyone off all in the name of having a good time and causing a bunch of frustration with the people driving the cars. I'm a rider and i was PISSED at being stuck in the huge traffic jam that ensued. Its a wonder that someone didnt run them off the road and or drive into them. You know someone had to have some road rage after that... Idiot riders get what they deserver if they ever get caught... that kind of crap is unacceptable and makes all riders look bad.

Good Point, however, there was only 1 caller on this incident (according to the clip anyway)
rock.gif
If a bunch of bikers were up to no good and creating havoc, wouldn't there have been more calls. ?

the problem here is no one respects anyone else..half the time, if you turn on your signal to merge into another lane, those already in the lane will speed up to cut you off...the riders swerve through traffic (i was passed in my cage on I-255 the other day by a guy on one wheel doing at least 90-95 while he changed lanes to work his way through traffic...you could tell he knew how to ride but that is idiotic in my opinion), the cages cut the riders and each other off, and eveyone suffers...the world is filling up with morons!!!

the problem here is no one respects anyone else..half the time, if you turn on your signal to merge into another lane, those already in the lane will speed up to cut you off...the riders swerve through traffic (i was passed in my cage on I-255 the other day by a guy on one wheel doing at least 90-95 while he changed lanes to work his way through traffic...you could tell he knew how to ride but that is idiotic in my opinion), the cages cut the riders and each other off, and eveyone suffers...the world is filling up with morons!!!
Good point as well...

Like everyone always say's. It only takes 1 to ruin it for the rest... As our roads get more crowded, the problem just get's worse...

Its funny how some of you blame the guy in the car... I've been in the DFW area before in my car when a large group of about 20-30 sport bike riders blocked all lanes of the freeway just so they could stunt on the highway with no traffic in their way.  They did this for about 4-5 mins then a bunch of them flew the bird at the cars that were honking their horns and took off.  Looking around at the other cars on the highway, you could see at least 10 people on their cell phones.  Those riders knew exactly what they were doing.  Pissing everyone off all in the name of having a good time and causing a bunch of frustration with the people driving the cars.  I'm a rider and i was PISSED at being stuck in the huge traffic jam that ensued.  Its a wonder that someone didnt run them off the road and or drive into them.  You know someone had to have some road rage after that... Idiot riders get what they deserver if they ever get caught...  that kind of crap is unacceptable and makes all riders look bad.
Thats called a " Side Show " and they do it in most large areas if you know it or not.

Back