Would like my internet families opinion.

Fate

Donating Member
Registered
My WebpageSome of you know that I am a Real Estate Investor. Well, I just started noew website and would like your opinions. I am by no means a web designer, It is not completed yet and do not have my investment properties downloaded yet so it is blank. There is going to be a link on that page to my other site with pictures, details, prices, appraisals, fix up costs and estimates, potential rents or sale prices, etc.... The photo album will be on bottom, a link to my other site and a link to a downloadable pdf with all inclosed information will be available too. I needed a place my investors could see property info quickly. I plan to link virtual tour videos too. I have a new system where I pay the down payment and my commercial lenders loan on aquisition and rehab so I can provide 100% financing for my investors legally since my lenders do not care where down payment comes from. It should make me alot of $$$.

I am looking for honest opinions on this concept and site from you guys. Not looking for new investors or advertising. Just need opinions, Thanks

It is still a work in progress and was trying to make the site simple and just explain concepts.

link

Doest look too bad. Makes a statement, states what you offer, and asks for information. I think the text is too soft in my opinion. The site is not overly bright. You might want to look at the first blue paragraph. You use the word "program" 3 times in the first sentence. May just need punctuation. Not trying to be harsh brother, but you are targeting large business with big capitol, it is imperative you be professional with grammer.
beerchug.gif

nice clean site for a first timer... I host about 400 commercial sites and it is always a challenge to keep the sites to the point, clean and functional.. I like the simple look and navigation

Doest look too bad. Makes a statement, states what you offer, and asks for information. I think the text is too soft in my opinion. The site is not overly bright. You might want to look at the first blue paragraph. You use the word "program" 3 times in the first sentence. May just need punctuation. Not trying to be harsh brother, but you are targeting large business with big capitol, it is imperative you be professional with grammer.  
beerchug.gif
Pretty much what he said. Except for the fact that I proofread before posting.
tounge.gif

Grammatical errors seriously detract from the professional image you want to convey.

Otherwise, I would experiment a bit more with paragraph alignment and maybe splash in some visual aides to dress it up.

The contrast seems to look okay but the choice of font style and color doesn't suit my taste and doesn't really shout at me.

If I were you, I would fill the text area with a color transition from darker up top to lighter below or vice versa.

I appreciate all your guys input. I was having difficulty with the colors. The software provided stinks. Not much to set up paragraphs, just an area to type and can't move the text around to jazz it up. Adding pics is a pain too.

its a good start...text is boring to view, need graphics. Your text is way too big, colors need adjusting, keep in mind certain colors induce mood and responses, need to direction a viewer to your product. Also, never do all caps more than a few words, considered yelling. don't mean to be harsh, keep working it, feedback will make it better. Remember, business websites are for the customers, especially if you plan on making money...gluck

beerchug.gif
Moved the program stuff around
thumb_up.gif

its a good start...text is boring to view, need graphics.  Your text is way too big, colors need adjusting, keep in mind certain colors induce mood and responses, need to direction a viewer to your product.  Also, never do all caps more than a few words, considered yelling.  don't mean to be harsh, keep working it, feedback will make it better.  Remember, business websites are for the customers, especially if you plan on making money...gluck
Most of the people that will be directed to the website will be from an actual call or people I already work with, may have some people visit eventually on their own or advertising. I Will change the all caps, that will take a while. I am having issues moving text around and using any type of graphics with this software.

its a good start...text is boring to view, need graphics.  Your text is way too big, colors need adjusting, keep in mind certain colors induce mood and responses, need to direction a viewer to your product.  Also, never do all caps more than a few words, considered yelling.  don't mean to be harsh, keep working it, feedback will make it better.  Remember, business websites are for the customers, especially if you plan on making money...gluck
Most of the people that will be directed to the website will be from an actual call or people I already work with, may have some people visit eventually on their own or advertising. I Will change the all caps, that will take a while. I am having issues moving text around and using any type of graphics with this software.
that is why you should contact the intial shell of a new website to meet your specifications and then you take over maintenance...easiest way to go, because if you plan on having a successful business, what is going to be your role in the company? webmaster...

that is why you should contact the intial shell of a new website to meet your specifications and then you take over maintenance...easiest way to go, because if you plan on having a successful business, what is going to be your role in the company?  webmaster...
Heck no, no webmaster here. If I could get away with it, I would not even have a website. I need somewhere my investors can see my houses asap. I site is easier than my current process, phone calls and emails. I hav good enough deals that they do not last, and I do EVERYTHING for most of them. I am trying to get a group of contractor together I can trust and I do not have to babysit. Then, maybe I can go out and ride my Busa, take a vacation, or have atleast one day off a week. So babysitting a website is not what I want to do. But this is a technical world we live in.

yeah..."grammer" is important, but not as important as "grammar"
argue.gif

one of the most important thing about a good wabpage is a fast load on your pages. There have been numerous studies done in the past that show how long folks are willing to wait for a page to load. I don't recall what it is, but it isnt a lot of time.

To me, everything looks good. Simplistic, but good. If you want to get serious, hire a professional web designer to spruce it up a bit.

I was actually going for simplistic. I don't want a flashy site. I just want to get the info out and get the call they want the property. I want the "deal" to sell itself. I have a complicated site for my Real Estate site for REMAX. But that one is visited my alot of people and needs the flashy look. I may have 25-100 people using this site and they wil jump right to the property page. I have taken all ideas and changed it each time, think I got the grammar errors, and other suggestions, but keep them coming, I appreciate all the input. Thanks guys, knew I could count on you guys!!!

Back