ICON Motorhead Jackets Anyone??? comments...

DNGrumpy

Sometimes Dopey fits too
Donating Member
Registered
I was poking around at a dealership today and thinking about Jackets.  I have lost 45 lbs from my heaviest weight and my Hayabusa Leather in size 52 is starting to not fit quite so well.  I will likely wait for Daytona to buy anything but tried on a Motorhead and the fit was decent and just wondered if anyone had any thoughts...  The plain jane all black was $350 at the stealership and new enough offers it for $305.

i have the all black one. comfortable, does'nt have that "racer" look, decent coverage on the elbows and shoulders but the back padding is thin and does'nt cover the tailbone as much as the joe rockets. nice venting in summer up to 85-90deg, liner keeps you warm when cool out but the motorhead is collarless, i use a neck wrap when cool out. overall a real good jacket. i've read of people spilling with them on and they held up.

I like my Busa one but can't really wear it except on the bike, the hump on the back makes it tough in the truck and like I said I am pretty much swimming in the thing. I liked that the back on the Motorhead came down below the waist but did notice there isn't much of a pad in the back. I have a Joe Rocket Nylon and could probably swap the CE back pad???

Hey Grumpy... if you buy one, get with Jester (Josh) Ryders Connection... he will give you a good deal on ICON stuff. I got a jacket through him for a great price! I'll just say it was lower than you will find on any website. The first jacket was actually to big. I wasnt able to get with him about that until a few months later. He still swapped it out for a smaller jacket for me! Great service and great price... what more could you want!

This is the jacket i got (in black)

http://www.rideicon.com/product_details.jsp?category=1237&id=5764

i have been wearing a Motorhead for the last 2 1/2 years...Revolution pretty much covered all of the major points i have about the jacket...the only issue i have had was the pull tab on the main zipper broke about 4 months ago which i don't feel is bad for a jacket with probably 15-16,000 miles on it...overall, i have been very satisfied
beerchug.gif

dude, forgot to mention my pull tab broke off also lol. i used a key ring, slid it through the holes in the zipper where the pull tab went.

Hey Grumpy... if you buy one, get with Jester (Josh) Ryders Connection... he will give you a good deal on ICON stuff.  I got a jacket through him for a great price!  I'll just say it was lower than you will find on any website.  The first jacket was actually to big.  I wasnt able to get with him about that until a few months later.  He still swapped it out for a smaller jacket for me!  Great service and great price... what more could you want!  

This is the jacket i got (in black)

http://www.rideicon.com/product_details.jsp?category=1237&id=5764
+1

And I've had mine a couple years, and still on the the original zipper pull tab!
tounge.gif

I bought my motorhead the year they were released and been wearing it every sense. Love the jacket. Nice vents, good build, just a good all around jacket.

Like Sloto said, if your lookin for one just hit me up and Ill make ya a smokin deal on it.

Josh

Back