Misplaced weapon.

Projekt

Registered
I was walking out of the Fishbowl (Gym) this afternoon after using the internet center and had just hit the asphalt when a KBR services contractor called me over to him.
He was part of the honeywagon crew cleaning the portajohns and was probably the boss. I looked to my rear to make sure he was talking to me as he called out again.
I went over there, he led me to one of the units and pointed inside.
SHOCKED.gif
There was a muzzle down M-16 rifle in the corner between the urinal and the door.
I tried to tell them I didn't want any part of it but he pleaded with me to take it since he couldn't touch it.
Thinking that somebody is gonna lose rank, I grabbed it by the stock near the butt and walked back to the gym in order to have the Mayor Cell retrieve it there.
please.gif
Poor bastard, whoever it belonged to. It wasn't chambered and didn't have any magazines attached.
The person at the mayor cell asked that someone walk it over to them and I volunteered since I was headed that way to work.
I hoped that no-one would question me as I walked with it muzzle down, gripping it buy the loop, and just feeling bad for the person to whom it was issued.
The folks at the cell didn't bother taking my name or a report simply asking where it was found.

So for the vets out there, how serious an offense is this? I remember this would garner alot of negative attention.
corner2.png

All I can say is that I don't feel one bit sorry for the guy who left his weapon in the port a john. Hopefully they will break him off something good cause that could mean the difference bewteen life and death for him or other folks serving our great nation and hopefully he will never forget it again. You NEVER NEVER EVER forget your Weapon that is your lively hood when you are a Soldier or Marine or standing watch.

I was walking out of the Fishbowl (Gym) this afternoon after using the internet center and had just hit the asphalt when a KBR services contractor called me over to him.
He was part of the honeywagon crew cleaning the portajohns and was probably the boss. I looked to my rear to make sure he was talking to me as he called out again.
I went over there, he led me to one of the units and pointed inside.
SHOCKED.gif
There was a muzzle down M-16 rifle in the corner between the urinal and the door.
I tried to tell them I didn't want any part of it but he pleaded with me to take it since he couldn't touch it.
Thinking that somebody is gonna lose rank, I grabbed it by the stock near the butt and walked back to the gym in order to have the Mayor Cell retrieve it there.
please.gif
Poor bastard, whoever it belonged to. It wasn't chambered and didn't have any magazines attached.
The person at the mayor cell asked that someone walk it over to them and I volunteered since I was headed that way to work.
I hoped that no-one would question me as I walked with it muzzle down, gripping it buy the loop, and just feeling bad for the person to whom it was issued.
The folks at the cell didn't bother taking my name or a report simply asking where it was found.

So for the vets out there, how serious an offense is this? I remember this would garner alot of negative attention.
corner2.png
All I can Say is that WHO ever it belonged to will be the one on HoneyPot duty... For the rest of his tour.

It's A HUGE issue, if he's a Marine, life is over as he knows it. If he's Army he will be in hell for a few weeks, extra PT, extra Duty, no leave, no days off. Maybe a reduction in grade if it's a repeat offense.

If he's Air Force? It'll be an LOR or Art15 maybe. Probably some lost leave, maybe a reduction in grade but probably not.

Probably some Blackwater moron though. These idiots have way to much equipment and battle rattle without enough training to manage it. Mall Ninja's and Range Commando's in the Field... Who'd have thunk it.

"mall ninjas" Now that is funny stuff right there! I have not heard that one before, but trust me, I am gonna use it now! Yeah, whomever this dope is, his life is gonna start to heavily suck.

I am in the Navy pretty hard to leave a tomahawk in the portajohn but if so then I would be in some serious poop.

I am in the Navy pretty hard to leave a tomahawk in the portajohn but if so then I would be in some serious poop.
Should have maybe strapped him to a Tomahawk.

Poor bastard might find himself issued an M240B. Something NOT so easily forgotten.

If the TCN didn't abduct the troop and then point out the abandoned rifle, the owner of the rifle
is likely going to wish he had...

RevLis and Big_Guy

Wow, talk of TomaHawk and it brings back lots of good memories.
I used to work for the company that made the suck and blow motors for them... I signed off on literally thousands of ALCM, SLCM and GLCM's (Air, Sea and Ground launched Cruise Missiles for the unwashed!).

Love the smell of JP5 in the morning!

I still can't believe we aren't building new ALCM's to replace those dropped to-date. Certainly we will need to do some "test drops" on Imanutjob in Iran.

Why would you be in the sandlot w/o catridges or a magazine in your fire shooter?...and how in the he77 do you forget you need it?

Yeah I have never actually seen one. I am in intelligence I carry a gun. But that was funnier than saying if I lost my gun I had better lose myself because I do not get paid very much and they would take that little bit from me.

Why would you be in the sandlot w/o catridges or a magazine in your fire shooter?...and how in the he77 do you forget you need it?
Probably Air Force FWIW.

Also in the rear with the gear, action locked open, no magazine in place, is pretty standard when there isn't any action in the immediate AOR.

my one of the guys with my buddie lost his in iraq 5 clicks from his base and they made everyone that was with him that day go look for it in field full of ied's and when they found it they docked his pay and he lost leave time and they made him pick weeds from around theyre base were they had a sniper the week before

This is my rifle, there are many like it, but this one is mine. Without my rifle, I am nothing, without me, my rifle is nothing.
guns.gif
guns.gif

guns.gif

Probably Air Force FWIW.

Also in the rear with the gear, action locked open, no magazine in place, is pretty standard when there isn't any action in the immediate AOR.
ok, I ought to dropkick you in the neck for that comment...doesn't make any sense at all. I am AIR FORCE and I have been in the immediate AOR...and I will tell you damn straight that we don't use portapotties! If someone found my M-16 on my king-size bed in our 5-star hotel...then you would have made a valid point.

geez...I can't stand people to stereotype us like that...um, nevermind.

shutup.gif

Probably Air Force FWIW.

ok, I ought to dropkick you in the neck for that comment...doesn't make any sense at all.  I am AIR FORCE and I have been in the immediate AOR...and I will tell you damn straight that we don't use portapotties!  If someone found my M-16 on my king-size bed in our 5-star hotel...then you would have made a valid point.

shutup.gif
laugh.gif
or in the rent a car or maybe next to the buffet
drools.gif

before any of you get all upset I'm AF to. 5 star hotels and rent a cars is how we roll
whistling.gif

Um....I was AF too. It really IS how we roll. I never slept in less than a king sized bed at any time after tech school. But it was still tough. I got in trouble a couple of times and had to replace all the paper a**holes on the tech manuals in our shop. Yeah...we hard.

Former USAF here too. I had plenty of busy work installing new paper aszholes on our Manuals.
Never got deployed though so I never roughed it in a standard USAF field accomodation, ie; the Hampton Inn.
The new Expeditionary Air Force is doing things a bit differently these days.

Probably Air Force FWIW.

ok, I ought to dropkick you in the neck for that comment...doesn't make any sense at all. I am AIR FORCE and I have been in the immediate AOR...and I will tell you damn straight that we don't use portapotties! If someone found my M-16 on my king-size bed in our 5-star hotel...then you would have made a valid point.

shutup.gif
Blah Blah Blah, You wouldn't have had an "M-16" to leave anywhere most likely so it's a moot point.

I'll get you a ladder so maybe you can reach my neck with your mighty "Drop Kick". Do you know what AOR means? Let alone "immediate AOR"?
dunno.gif

Don't assume you are all alone in the Air Force, I did four years active, then 5 years as a consultant. I've yet to see regular Air force "Other than SF" carrying anything other than a few extra pounds of lard into the AOR.
ices_rofl.gif

There's a reason they do NOT allow Airmen to carry weapons except to qualify at 25 yrds.

Pretty sure you are using sarcasm though... after re-reading what you wrote...
ThumbsUp.gif

Back