Officially licensed!

CrashTestDanny

Registered
I'm not sure why I've waited to tell everyone this - it's certainly not something I'm ashamed of. On the other hand, I'm not looking for huge accolades for it. The purpose of getting this license is not to glorify myself.

You may be wondering what the heck is Dan talking about...

Well, wonder no more! Though perhaps some of you will begin wondering anew:

Dan Fitzpatrick (that's me) has officially been granted a license to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

For those of you who don't want to read a sermon right now; don't worry - I'm not planning to write one here...
smile.gif

I guess the real point of telling everyone this is two-fold:
1 - Those of you who are Christians, please pray for me and my ministry.
2 - Everyone: If you need prayer, encouragement, someone to talk to, or spiritual guidance, I will be happy to help. You can PM me here or even call me (314-479-9464).

God bless you all and keep the shiny side up.

congrats... I wish more were centered as well...

I often wonder what is happening to the ability to "just do the right thing" that seems to have gone away in this country... give me hope man... Cheers!

Very happy for you Danny. I was just thinking today, havn't seen you post for awhile and was wondering where you were.

Congrats and I am happy for you but without sounding offensive,   Who issues the license?  I have been involved with a volunteer ministry for quite a few years now and have yet to be issued a license. Just curious.

2 Cor 3:1-3 says :  Are we starting again to recommend ourselves? Or do we, perhaps, like some men, need letters of recommendation to you or from you? You yourselves are our letter, inscribed on our hearts and known and being read by all mankind. For you are shown to be a letter of Christ written by us as ministers, inscribed not with ink but with spirit of a living God, not on stone tablets, but on fleshly tablets, on hearts.

Congrats....

Religion is good for the spirit and soul.

I was raised a strict Roman Catholic.

Congrats, I was raised with a Catholic mother and a Protestant father, figure that one out. Prayers sent my friend.

Congrats and I am happy for you but without sounding offensive,   Who issues the license?  I have been involved with a volunteer ministry for quite a few years now and have yet to be issed a license. Just curious.

2 Cor 3:1-3 says :  Are we starting again to recommend ourselves? Or do we, perhaps, like some men, need letters of recommendation to you or from you? You yourselves are our letter, inscribed on our hearts and known and being read by all mankind. For you are shown to be a letter of Christ written by us as ministers, inscribed not with ink but with spirit of a living God, not on stone tablets, but on fleshly tablets, on hearts.
No offense taken; you're absolutely right! I need no license to preach the Gospel and although I am not ordained by a church (yet), I have been called and ordained by God to preach and to witness; to baptize and to render service and minister to whomever He sends my way.

However, He has also placed me in a particular church where I am preaching sometimes and where I am led to continue ministering. In order for me to advance to a ministry position there, I needed to be approved by them, to demonstrate that my understanding of the scriptures is not grossly incompatible with their teachings and to demonstrate that I do have some understanding of the scriptures. My license was issued by the Mid-Rivers Association of Free Will Baptists and the church I go to is Crossroads Free Will Baptist Church in Wentzville, Mo.

Very happy for you Danny. I was just thinking today, havn't seen you post for awhile and was wondering where you were.
Hey Hal,

Been lurking, spending some time ill, and building a new sanctuary at our church, not to mention getting licensed and working once in a while. Sure haven't been doing any riding...
sad.gif

I'll probably continue not posting much for a bit longer until our new sanctuary is finished, which should be around Christmas...

So how have you been healing up from your little mishap? You got your busa back together yet?

Hey Hal,

Been lurking, spending some time ill, and building a new sanctuary at our church, not to mention getting licensed and working once in a while.  Sure haven't been doing any riding...  
sad.gif

I'll probably continue not posting much for a bit longer until our new sanctuary is finished, which should be around Christmas...

So how have you been healing up from your little mishap?  You got your busa back together yet?
Thanks for asking. My busa is as good as new thanks to the wonderful members of this site. I'm still having a problem with my shoulder. I will know next Wed if an operation is necessary as it was broke in three places. I hope I get the all clear so I can do the Nov. 11 ride with Busawhipped. I did a short check out ride last week, but I did have some pain in my shoulder. Thanks for sharing your wonderful news with us, we are proud of you!

I'm here to tell you Dan...that you don't need a license to preach the GOSPEL, AND ride a Hayabusa....heck, we got many, many, many men and women of the Faith right here.  
bowdown.gif
I am conviced that one needs Faith to ride a Hayabusa at three miles a minute...........
super.gif
 There ain't a whole lot goin' on in my helmet at THAT speed !!!....  For me it's like, breathing, aerodynamics, and "I wonder what God's got in store for the rest of my day
rock.gif
?....... hope it doesn't involve ambulances........"

Congrats Brother....good luck on finishing your new sanctuary......if we never meet along the way....I'll see you at the finish..."HE is risen indeed !!!!"

Congrats to you, brother. I'm happy for you that you chose to answer the call God gave you. Best of luck on your personal spiritual journey, and I'm glad that He has empowered you to do this. It's something I could never do personally.

Back