I got some good news today!

BlondeOnaBusa

Just call me B.O.B
Registered
My nephew who is 27 now was born with Hydrocephalus (water on the brain). He had a shunt put in when he was 2 months old and didn't have any problems with it until he was around 16 yrs. old. Well it's been one surgery after another, about 35 in total I think.
He had another surgery last week to replace a shunt he got about 2 months ago. He started having some major chest pains and they thought he was having a reaction to the shunt and tube. I get a call this morning from my father telling me they found some tubing in his heart last night. He went into surgery this morning to have it removed.....here is what they found....17 inches of tubing and 7 in. of that was in his heart
SHOCKED.gif
I'm so thankful they found it when they did or it could have been very tragic.
He's doing much better now and hopefully he will be home soon. Man, what a load off my mind. I feel like celebrating!

OMG, that is so scary!
sad.gif

I'm so glad they found it and it's been removed...what a shock for the docs as well I'd guess...

Good thoughts and prayers his way! Hoping for a speedy recovery for him
smile.gif

Wow, fantastic news that he is now doing fine! I wonder how much of the reacurring problems that he has faced had to do with that tubing moving around inside of him? Goodluck and godspeed to him in getting well.
thumb_up.gif

Glad he is doing better. Man that is scary. He should be bill free on those surgeries.

You will be surprised as the notes that are kept.

That is unbelievable! Glad he is okay. Let us know how he is doing.

please.gif
please.gif

He is in our thoughts and prayers. Thank God they found it........

please.gif

great news...hopefully, that will clear up the problems he has been having and he can get on with his life now
beerchug.gif

Back