MMI is out...

yamahor

DEAD MAN WALKING
Donating Member
Registered
So, I've come to the conclusion that $17,000+ for learning to become certified in ONLY one brand is WAY too much when I could go to community college and learn something that pays more for half the price... As much as I was looking forward to this, I've decided it's just too much debt for the low pay to compensate. I do, however, plan on finding a good career and going for it with a College education.

On the upside, I might be up for getting a Busa again when I get some stuff squared away.
biggrin.gif

Take your time and figure out what it is you want to do. You have time. Truely though, I think most people end up doing something that they never thought they would be doing.

Join the Air Force!
beerchug.gif

Oh wait I forgot... That something you were already gonna do.

Seriously though, you ought to go to ITT Tech. Learn something about networks and routers or systems administration. Get a certificate and move to NOVA to get a job in the Defense sector. Lots of job with good money. Hell you already spend a bunch of time on computers.

Join the Navy!!!

They will pay for college and if you come in the right rate you can make money fast. OR just something you want to do for a living we get a ton of college credits for the schools we attend to do our job. 4 years some good skills and your college is paid for you can probably get 2 years of it done while in.

Most of the duty stations have great riding weather.
thumb_up.gif

Here is a commercial if you are thinking of any branch that will sway you the Navy way!!!
poke.gif

Ok someone Ban me I sound like a commercial, guess I have been in too long.

Last edited by a moderator:
Join the Air Force!  
beerchug.gif

Oh wait I forgot... That something you were already gonna do.

Seriously though, you ought to go to ITT Tech. Learn something about networks and routers or systems administration. Get a certificate and move to NOVA to get a job in the Defense sector. Lots of job with good money. Hell you already spend a bunch of time on computers.
Yeah, when the back is in bad enough shape the military looks at you and says "We really can't let you join. It'll probably make it worse." It's usually a sign that theyre outta the question...

Haven't thought of ITT... I'll have to look into that. It is a bronson idea. I was thinking of nursing... Really, I just want a decent job that I can do with decent pay and weekends off.

Hey Ben look into a program Called WIA (Workforce Investment Act). Every state has it. The money pays for everything, Tuition, books what ever you need and you don't have to pay it back. Go to or call your local employment/unemployment office and ask about it. Can't hurt.

Best of luck!

Online transcriptionist, my wife got medically discharged from the Navy (foot injury) and she is about to start. Our neighbor is a retired cop (back problems) she pulls in some pretty decent cash doing it.

Get into the ITT field or something like that.

Avoid being a working grunt like me as you will always make just only enough $$ to slightly keep your head above the water.

The marine Corps will seek out an enemy for you, give you a bunch of grenades and a belt fed weapon, and let you have at it. Nuff Said. 0331 (machinegunner) Semper Fi.
guns.gif

Guys, trust me when i say this. Ben's back is in no way shape or form to handle what the military is gonna ask of him. His back is in bad shape. Alot of times it hurts the man to just stand up.

Ben, when you do find a good job and you get good insurance, have your back looked at ASAP.

Like I said, learn something technical. ITT technical institute would be a good start.

Inactivity is a major cause of back pain as well as being overweight.

Ford Asset or GM Asep dealer technician program at any NATEF certified college. Dealers are STARVING for good quality technicians specialized in their product. I know of students right out of the program earning $40-60k first year. The job has become cleaner as well... emphasis is on diagnostics and troubleshooting... if a parts bad you just swap it out. If you want more info PM me.

GL and make sure you are always taking a step forward.

beerchug.gif

Guys, trust me when i say this. Ben's back is in no way shape or form to handle what the military is gonna ask of him.  His back is in bad shape. Alot of times it hurts the man to just stand up.
Yeah, ask GM of my groans whenever I sit down, he laughs at me. lol

Back